Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    hah, I just checked a known February birthday, which was pulled from the facebook profile, and thus can't even be edited. it says march.

it's kind of sad somethign this simple could get so messed up.
    I just tried this too, and it's more than Feb for me... see the table below. All of the 30 Day months also have this problem ("30 Days has September, April, June and November")

I choose --> Palm selects
    Jan --> Jan
    Feb --> Mar
    Mar --> Mar
    Apr --> May
    May --> May
    Jun --> Jul
    Jul --> Jul
    Aug --> Aug
    Sep --> Oct
    Oct --> Oct
    Nov --> Dec
    Dec --> Dec
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yep, bug confirmed. Every non-31 day month will shift the birthday into the following month. Never noticed this before I saw this thread.
    Nice find, I'll submit it to Palm as a bug for their sw database.

*Edit: It has been submitted to the Palm software database.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/31/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Just went through my contact list. For all the people who I have entered birthdays on, only ONE is in a 30 day month (April) and it moved it to May. Everybody else has a birthday in a 31 day month.
    Confirmed here, too. I have linked contacts in Exchange and Facebook with April birthdays. They show up on the Pre as May birthdays.

The good news is that the problem only seems to be one-way on syncing. In other words, the original data in Exchange or Facebook is still correct. Maybe it's only a display issue and the actual birthday data is internally correct.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 08/31/2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Additional observations.
    Quote Originally Posted by nxp3 View Post
    Ha!!!! This is great...I'm not crazy!
    None of us are prepared to go that far.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I just tried this too, and it's more than Feb for me... see the table below. All of the 30 Day months also have this problem ("30 Days has September, April, June and November")

I choose --> Palm selects
    Jan --> Jan
    Feb --> Mar
    Mar --> Mar
    Apr --> May
    May --> May
    Jun --> Jul
    Jul --> Jul
    Aug --> Aug
    Sep --> Oct
    Oct --> Oct
    Nov --> Dec
    Dec --> Dec
    I noticed that today as well! My theory above is probably correct. Today is the 31st, so ever birthday in a month that only has 30 day has jumped to the next month! Hopefully, Palm will fix this in the next update!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Yep, and now that it is September 1st, all those birthdays are displaying correctly. So it seems they are stored correctly, just displayed wrong. And, as theorized above, only displayed wrong when the current date is a day of the month that is a larger number than the total number of days in the month that the birthday is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Yep, and now that it is September 1st, all those birthdays are displaying correctly. So it seems they are stored correctly, just displayed wrong. And, as theorized above, only displayed wrong when the current date is a day of the month that is a larger number than the total number of days in the month that the birthday is in.
    Haha! That's making my head hurt, but I can confirm that an April 6th birthday that was displaying as May 6th, yesterday, is now back to displaying as April 6th as of today (Sep 1st). I wonder what will happen once September 7th rolls around. I guess I'll find out in six days.

Yes, Palm needs to fix this one soonest.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think its lame that maybe someone from palm is monitorting forums and was able to fix this just like that but they can't give the us what we want!! This phone should be able to do everything the Treo 755p could!!!!

Anyways I noticed this yesterday but its not just the birthday...also not able to add a reminder, note, spouse, etc....anyone else having this problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydb View Post
    I think its lame that maybe someone from palm is monitorting forums and was able to fix this just like that but they can't give the us what we want!! This phone should be able to do everything the Treo 755p could!!!!

Anyways I noticed this yesterday but its not just the birthday...also not able to add a reminder, note, spouse, etc....anyone else having this problem???
    Not sure what you mean regarding someone from Palm monitoring and fixing the issue. The issue hasn't been fixed. It's just not visible during this timeframe due to the nature of the problem. It will reappear when we get to a date that causes the problem.

As for the reminders, etc. I haven't noticed that problem...but then it might not be visible now (just as the birthday problem isn't visible now).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Haha! That's making my head hurt, but I can confirm that an April 6th birthday that was displaying as May 6th, yesterday, is now back to displaying as April 6th as of today (Sep 1st). I wonder what will happen once September 7th rolls around. I guess I'll find out in six days.

Yes, Palm needs to fix this one soonest.
    I don't think you see any problem on Sept 7th. On Sept 29th-30th you will see problems with all February birthdays moving to March. Then they will be fine again on Oct 1st. Then the Feb birthdays will move again on Oct 29th. On October 31st you will see a problem with all birthdays in 30 day months moving to the following month. Then all fine again on Nov 1st.

Of course, all that assumes no update from Palm before then. (I can hope.)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I don't think you see any problem on Sept 7th. On Sept 29th-30th you will see problems with all February birthdays moving to March. Then they will be fine again on Oct 1st. Then the Feb birthdays will move again on Oct 29th. On October 31st you will see a problem with all birthdays in 30 day months moving to the following month. Then all fine again on Nov 1st.

Of course, all that assumes no update from Palm before then. (I can hope.)
    Ahh, I see what you mean. Let's hope Palm fixes it between now and then.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12