1.    #1  
    So I decide to help my brother move from Pasadena to Michigan. I caught a flight from San Jose, ca to Burbank (With my Flightview info added to my calender of course). Arriving in Burbank, I grabbed a taxi to my brothers house in Pasadena. Using Sprint Nav I politely told the taxi driver that he was going the long way out of the airport and to take the next right. After arriving at my brothers home and packing the Penske truck for 3 hours, we realized he was running out of room. His computer was packed up so I jumped online with my Pre to find the nearest place to get a U-Haul trailer. We decided to get a leg up on LA traffic and left Sunday night rather than Monday morning. First stop was Needles, CA. Geez, it was 105 (Accuweather) when we pulled in, so I found a place to stay with a pool that had good reviews (Google Maps).

The next stretch was the deserts of Arizona and New Mexico until we got to Albuquerque. We got there a little early so I did a search on googe maps for a place to eat. Ok, so I did a search for a strip club that also had somewhere close to eat. That ended up being a bad idea. Warning! Do not go to strip clubs in New Mexico unless you like aggressive unhot girls. While being accosted by the aggressive unhot girls, I jumped on the Pre to find a good deal on a hotel room. Yes, Non-hot strippers, I know my phone is awesome, but I still do not want a lapdance from you. Oh. They're $10 here... Ok just two.

The next portion of the trip was the stretch to Oklahoma City. Not very good reception or even radio reception, but we kept entertained with my library of music. Still sounded great even though we were relegated to using an FM transmitter to play them. Found another place to stay on Google Maps that had good reviews. OMG... Stripper in Oklahoma City are Awesome.

Next trip brought us to Collinsville, Il. Found a hotel again to stay and we just crashed. Really... No strip clubs this time. Grabbed a coffee in the morning from a Starbucks that I found on Where.

Now we are driving through Indianapolis right now on the last leg of the trip. We have used Sprint Nav to get to each destination. We have had hours of entertainment using Pandora and streaming Podcasts of the Phil Hendrie Show. I have used Google Maps and Where to find gas stations, food, and places to stay. I have downloaded homebrew apps on the road using Filecoaster to entertain myself. I have taken a bunch of great photos. I didn't even have to take vacation time because I left a VM message to any clients that call in to communicate with me by email this week. I have been doing that since Monday and haven't missed a beat. I didn't even miss my Tuesday conference call.

My brother will in Michigan for a few years so I won't be able to see him as much as usual. I was excited for this trip with him. Just an absolute boys club road trip. We would have had a fun trip anyway, but the Pre certainly made it more convenient and more fun.

Thanks Sprint! Thanks Palm! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
    i think it will likely compete with the iphone in the next few years to come.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Sounds like an expensive trip. Speaking of long way around, I would have taken I-15... but then again, I can't vouch for Nebraska strippers.
  4.    #4  
    No doubt I-15 would have been quicker, but we wanted to take the old Route 66.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    No doubt I-15 would have been quicker, but we wanted to take the old Route 66.
    Ahh!
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Next trip brought us to Collinsville, Il. Found a hotel again to stay and we just crashed. Really... No strip clubs this time. Grabbed a coffee in the morning from a Starbucks that I found on Where.
    Sorry you had to come through downtown STL
    LOL I would not have spent much time on the east side beyond the sleeping anyway.
    Sprint should make a commercial about your trip. But perhaps substitute "strip clubs" for "playgrounds".
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Sprint should make a commercial about your trip. But perhaps substitute "strip clubs" for "playgrounds".
    Hah +1
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    tomato....tomAto.... lol...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Sounds like an expensive trip. Speaking of long way around, I would have taken I-15... but then again, I can't vouch for Nebraska strippers.
    Driving through Nebraska is like driving through Iowa. It might save you time, but the time it FEELS like really makes it feel not worth it...

Great read.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    That gets a "thanks" just for the laughs.

Yes, Non-hot strippers, I know my phone is awesome, but I still do not want a lapdance from you. Oh. They're $10 here... Ok just two.
    Classic!
    Quote Originally Posted by henryoh View Post
    i think it will likely compete with the iphone in the next few years to come.
    Its competing with it RIGHT NOW....
    I couldn't imagine a phone I like better. I love my pre more every day.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    You weren't hassled about using a cameraphone in a strip club?
    Great story, poster...

Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    It seems like the camera phone / non-camera phone argument has tapered way off since most phones have cameras these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Maybe they had a hot spot?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Haha. Great read
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I can vouch for Nebraska strippers. Meh.

Nice story. I wonder how long your phone would have lasted in-between charges. You probably left in on the charger the entire trip.