Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    It's the 1st time I have seen it discounted, I don't work for the company (or currently ANY company :-)) and just thought it was interesting...

Welcome to our Wireless World
    I got my pre for 160.32 with activation fee included from best buy on tuesday.

I believe the guy told me 149.99.

They were not advertising it. I believe the 99 dollar "MISTAKE" was not a mistake and i a month or so we will see it go down.

I reported it to a few blogs but no follow ups.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I got mine Sunday 7/26 at Best Buy for $107 including tax.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Just an FYI I have used Wirefly in the past and have had no problems with them. Their customer support is great and they have a great exchange policy. They sent me four phones before I found one and kept it. I really like Wirefly. Letstalk.com is a different story

However since this is a 3rd party they require you to keep your plan/data services for 6 months. If you cancel or change your plan they don't get their kick from Sprint and you will be charged $250.00.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    I got my pre for 160.32 with activation fee included from best buy on tuesday.

I believe the guy told me 149.99.

They were not advertising it. I believe the 99 dollar "MISTAKE" was not a mistake and i a month or so we will see it go down.

I reported it to a few blogs but no follow ups.
    I think the BestBuy 99 dollar deal was just premature. We will see it again soon.
    Hmm: Sprint - Palm Pre Mobile Phone - Black - LX370

I will go to bestbuy today and see if they can price match my pre. I bought it < a month ago.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info webdave, I have no 1st hand info on them, and was hesitant to post.
    Its not surprising the price is dropping. Sprint is obviously having issues selling them at the current price as demand isn't what was expected so the only recourse is to drop the price and try to spur demand or let units sit in inventory unsold.

Sprint wants to keep the exclusive but I doubt even dropping the price of the phone will move enough handsets for them to hit their goal.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Price will not be dropping anytime soon. The phones are still in short supply for some retailers and they have finally opened up the supply for all 3rd party stores.

People keep talking about the "target" and "sales goals" and Sprint losing their exclusivity, but I haven't seen any hard corroboration from Sprint or Palm concerning those rumors.

Interesting that the Pre listed on the Bestbuy.com website is listed as the wrong model number. That model is for the new LG LX370 from Sprint.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I believe we will see a 3rd party selling it for less than $100.00 by the end of September.
    Quote Originally Posted by beaker77 View Post
    I got mine Sunday 7/26 at Best Buy for $107 including tax.
    104.99 here .
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    Hmm: Sprint - Palm Pre Mobile Phone - Black - LX370

I will go to bestbuy today and see if they can price match my pre. I bought it < a month ago.
    ? price match what? the price on that page was $749.99
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    ? price match what? the price on that page was $749.99
    The phone used to cost 850 (if my memory serves). BB will pricematch within thirty daysof purchase.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I want to see Q3 results.
    I hate when people act like they know how Pre sales are going.
    The phone used to cost 850 (if my memory serves). BB will pricematch within thirty daysof purchase.
    you bought the phone for $850 freaking dollars???? are you insane? Sprint sells them for 550 yikes man
    This signature for rent
    you bought the phone for $850 freaking dollars???? are you insane? Sprint sells them for 550 yikes man
    Where did he say that?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Wow. This might just make me switch to the Pre now!

My wife has one and I love it. I have a Mogul and was thinking of waiting to see what the Touch Pro 2 looked like before getting a new phone.
    got mine on launch day for $40

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Where did he say that?
    You can't price match an unactivated price, unless you BOUGHT it for the unactivated price. And if you bought it unactivated at that price then shame on you because Sprint and RadioShack have sold it for a couple c-notes less from the start.

If you bought the phone normally, for an activation or upgrade price, Best Buy's not going to give a dang about that and will tell you to leave. Only way they'll price match is if the activated price was cheaper (like say it's advertised for $130 new or something).

It's not like they're going to credit you 100 bucks after they credited you several hundred bucks to activate it, only if you bought it for the 850 dollar price tag. Which again shame on you for not looking at Sprint itself, Best Buy hosed you.
    I bought the phone for two hundred.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast