1.    #1  
    I got a text and to exit out after reading I usually use the swipe gesture from right to left just below the screen. It wasn't working so I kept trying and eventually noticed it was moving (jerking) the whole window to the left a little bit. I finally swiped my finger over the silver button and it worked. I tried rebooting but it changed nothing, it was still kinda funny and you have to swipe over the button where I didn't have to before. Is there a way to fix this or is it a defect? Anyone else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    You might want to check and make sure you turn "Advanced Gestures" off. It seems from reading your post that your swipe from right to left was too long across the bottom of the screen and your Pre thought you were trying to move to another card. Advanced Gestures is very helpful if you know how to use it but can sometimes make just doing a simple back gestures a little more difficult. Go to the "Screen & Lock" application to toggle Advanced Gestures on or off. Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Yep that was it! Dunno how that got turned on though... Thanks!
    One other tip that will allow you to keep advaced gestures on: back swipes on the left of the button start at the button and go left, back swipes to the right of the button start on the right side of the Pre and end at the button. If you swipe past the button then you're doing an advanced gesture.
    Same concept for forward gestures just in reverse.
    Forward swipes? Didnt think it was supported...but it would be useful lol
    Since 1.1.0 they are in the browser. Instead of pressing the forward arrow (right arrow) do a half swipe in the gesture area to the right.
    But it always worked forward and backward if using advanced gestures to swith between open apps while they're in full screen mode.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Since 1.1.0 they are in the browser. Instead of pressing the forward arrow (right arrow) do a full swipe in the gesture area to the right.
    Is this only when in portrait mode? I thought in the browser in landscape mode the gesture area was used for scrolling the page up and down.
    I mistyped, to go forward in the browser do half swipes to the right. And yes it only works in portrait.
    get it replaced. I cant stand when something stupid like that happens and it cant be corrected. hopefully a reboot will fix it..if not get it replaced..have a warranty?
    ^^^^^^^
    Uhm, did you read the thread?