1.    #1  
    Does anyone if when you delete a text message does it permanently get deleted or does it get stored in some hidden trash folder that I can access by rooting? I accidentally deleted a conversation that included some important info
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Check with the N.S.A. or the D.H.S. They probably have copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Does anyone if when you delete a text message does it permanently get deleted or does it get stored in some hidden trash folder that I can access by rooting? I accidentally deleted a conversation that included some important info
    deleted
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have deleted stuff and believe it is probably gone for good.
  5.    #5  
    What about if I do a partial reset and sync with the palm pre cloud? Are text messages synced? I had the messages in my phone the last time it autobacked up. If I sync before the nect backup will it be there?
    If this is for a gmail account I can confirm that it is NOT deleted.

The "swipe deleted" items are actually TRASHED, not deleted, and show up in your gmail trash bin. Just log into gmail from a PC and go to your trash. Locate the mail you swiped away and click the little grey "x" next to the "trash" label at the top of the e-mail. This will dump it back into your inbox and you will have it back on your Pre.

How do I know this? I did the same thing the OP did and found the email in my gmail trash bin.

I can't speak to other e-mail account types though. Hopefully you will have a similar experience with them.
  7.    #7  
    No its not for an email account. Its for a text message conversation. This sucks! I hope someone can come up with a solution for this. I had PIM backup on my Touch Pro and it saved my **** more than once.
    No, cloud does not cover text messages. SOrry bro.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    611 Folsom Street
    Room 641A
    San Francisco, CA
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    The message might still be in the DB.

If you deleted just the message, you're going to need to hit the DB to try to dig it out. That's going to require a rooted Pre & a little knowhow.

If you deleted the entire chat thread, there's an occasional bug you might be able to exploit:

1- Open Chat
    2- Type the first letter of the name of the person the chat thread was with.

The search function *might* find a record of the chat. This has been highly inconsistent for me.

If you really want the DB instructions, PM me and I'll dig them off my laptop and post them.