Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    re-calculating.. make a legal u-turn

you are now off track
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    all was well until I tried to do GPS today. I wonder if it has anything to do with update as I did that about 2 hours before using the GPS. It gets annoying that I have to link all my google and facebook accounts everytime I reset.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBinOK View Post
    I only had to do the partial reset one time....That was roughly a week ago, and no more problems since. My problem started before WebOS 1.1 was installed, and we can hope that there's something in 1.1 that will keep it from happening again!
    Mt Pre gps is great every time. No problems at allhowever, the volume could be louder.
    sprint navigation is great, i had a trip took about an hour and a half it never lost signal and was accurate to an area my tomtom could not recognize, it ate up the battery alot but other than that flawless
    Yesterday I experienced the amazing effects of true teleportation thanks to Sprint Navigation. I was driving in Santa Clara and the next SECOND... I was driving in Oakland! It was an experience I'll never forget...
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sprint Navigation needs serious work. Not being able to get signal until rebooting is a major annoyance when you are in a hurry. In addition, the routes it takes are all over the map, literally. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they are completely effed up. Last week in Louisville it took us on the "scenic" tour from the airport to a restaraunt, on a long and winding tour through city side streets. For the ride back, it took us direct to the highway and direct to the airport. The difference in time from going to the restaraunt to returning was almost 10 minutes on a 20 minute drive????? On the same route???? It'll get you there but I don't completely trust it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by flunkn View Post
    ...Not being able to get signal until rebooting is a major annoyance when you are in a hurry....
    ^^My biggest issue. Pre takes long just to shut down and even longer to reboot. Itz very handy and even cool to show off when you have people you're driving around.. when it works... but between it not finding your location occasionally and rebooting, it can kill a good 5-10 minutes of your precious time!! Sometimes it's a just matter of restarting the Sprint Nav app... but waiting for it to NOT find you first, sucks!!
    I use it a few times a week without issue.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Generally the GPS works fine. On the rare occasion I have a problem, I open the dialer and select ##477#, then tap the Get Fix button. I then reopen Sprint Navigation and it finds where I am.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Sprint nav finds my location maybe 20% of the time. I don't bother with it and just use Google Maps.
    I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been mentioned. If you usually have location services off and just turn it on for Sprint Nav, it doesn't work right. But if you turn everything on and go to Google maps, then go back to Sprint nav, it should work. If you leave location services and gps on, I've never had an issue.
    Following advice on this forum, I turned GPS off & turned it on only to use Navigation. It not only couldn't find me that time it couldn't find me for the next 2 days-even w/rebooting. I've left it on since and its worked perfectly & I use it several times a week.

The only spots where it kicks out it is in Boston amidst tall buildings & a certain spot in the valley nr Monadnock nr Peterborough NH
    Works great but cold be louder.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've never had any trouble with Nav or with the GPS finding my location. I find it finds my location faster than my stand-alone Garmin GPS does.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This and google maps are a shame on Pre.
    They better make these perfect. I mean perfect like "APPLE perfect".

No more issues, the thing should start up in less than 10 seconds. Should lock in the GPS location in another 10 seconds. Start giving directions in another 10 seconds.

Overall , the thing should be up and running in less than or equal to 30 seconds.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Why is the volume so low? You have to be pretty silent to hear it...
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    This and google maps are a shame on Pre.
    They better make these perfect. I mean perfect like "APPLE perfect".

No more issues, the thing should start up in less than 10 seconds. Should lock in the GPS location in another 10 seconds. Start giving directions in another 10 seconds.

Overall , the thing should be up and running in less than or equal to 30 seconds.
    I don't get why you are taking such a demanding tone. Yes, the app could use improvements, but once you consider that it's a FREE GPS service on a data plan that is already cheaper than all other competitors, i don't think we have the right to demand anything. You referenced "apple perfect" but fail to realize that the same service does not exist on the Iphone for free. You'd have to pay an initial fee to purchase the service, then on top of that an extra ~10 dollars a month to att on top of their already exorbitant pricing plans. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Fortunately Sprint Navigation can be coerced into giving a map. Pick Address, manually set Origin & Destination. It b----es about not finding current Origin, but Sprint will give map with Location "Services" OFF.

GoogleMaps EULA is a gaggle of offal. Continuous recording of YOUR GPS!?

Red+Sym+P will Screen capture. If you need turn-by-turn, you're too dim to drive .
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Had my first SprintNav issue today. It wouldn't locate me, all day. Did ##GPS#, and it picked me right up (multiple times), as did Google maps (multiple times). So I'd say the issue was not with my signal or GPS...had to be specific to SprintNav...I have not tried to reboot yet (don't even know how since I've never had to!), will read up on that process and hopefully it will fix this problem.

Edit: Rebooting fixed the problem, it knew exactly where I was and started my route.
    Last edited by GoGayleGo; 08/29/2009 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    I don't get why you are taking such a demanding tone. Yes, the app could use improvements, but once you consider that it's a FREE GPS... Do not look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Personally, the Sprint Nav works kinda meh for me.

It's so so performance leaves much to be desired: Sprint Navt often can' find me, or loses me even when the other FREE apps capable of location services (Google Maps, findMYcar and PREtrack) can position me with no problem.

So, if they can do it for free, why can't Sprint?

Personally I don't think its reasonable to expect that someone will gratefully swallow garbage just because it is free. Free garbage is still garbage.

While Sprint Nav has some limited usefulness and might not neccessarily be complete garbage, its quite the flawed app. And as such it deserves criticism, not praise for being free.

And your standing order to "not look the gift horse in the mouth" is a tired cliche that is only followed to the letter by fools. Following that analogy, the easily pleased fool that didn't peer into the mouth of the free flea-bag horse would soon be paying for his naivete with performance failures and veterinary dental bills.

Here's another tired cliche: "Nothing in life is free". Agony of equipment/software failure is a steep cost unto itself many times. Lost productivity, misdirections, business miscommunications, etc.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456