1.    #1  
    I use Meebo mobile a lot. Problem is, when I have other cards open and doing stuff, when I return to Meebo the page refreshes, effectively logging me out. And these refreshes happens on all pages in the browser if that card is in the background for a minute or more.

And clues to this issue?
    Last edited by sveilien; 07/30/2009 at 11:57 AM.
    I see how this feature could be great for Bank logins and other sites like that, but this, too, irks me! I especially hate when I come back to read/listen to something on my Google Reader and it refreshes automatically and loses the item I was on!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Ya, I don't like this feature either... not very helpful when it takes more than a minute to load some pages.

If I want a refresh, I'll push the refresh button...
  4.    #4  
    Seems like it has something to do with a background service being recalled to the foreground.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Yeah tell me about it, extremely annoying. I'll be halfway reading through an article, get a phone call or something and the stupid page refreshes. Needs to be an option!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Maybe I was experiencing something unrelated but similar, but this was happening to me on Tuesday so I rebooted my Pre. Went back to browsing the same set of sites after the reboot and the auto refresh had gone away. Might be worth giving it a try.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Are you sure it's the browser and not a secure web-site. Generally browsers don't refresh and log you, like secure financial sites like Banks, but the site logs you out based on things, time, inactivity, browser behavior etc.

Just thinking out loud.....
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    It's not a feature. It has to be memory related.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Are you sure it's the browser and not a secure web-site. Generally browsers don't refresh and log you, like secure financial sites like Banks, but the site logs you out based on things, time, inactivity, browser behavior etc.

Just thinking out loud.....
    I'll test for good measure.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I'll test for good measure.
    Ok, I tried m.cracked.com (which has no security) and myspace.com (which just has a non-secure login) and they both refreshed after being in the background for about 2 minutes.
    I too am having this problem. If I load a link in a new card, like an article I want to read without leaving a website's main page, then if I flick back to the first card after a minute or two it refreshes as soon as I give that card focus again. Very annoying.
    It's probably to conserve memory. If you load up a page and put it in the background it assumes you don't really need that current spot so it frees up the memory after a set of time and so when you bring the card forward it'll refresh since the memory holding the page has been de-allocated.

It probably could be fixed, but at an expense to memory, an internet card in the background would take up the same amount of memory as one in the foreground.

One solution would be to store the html in the database, it might be a little slow while it's saving and loading, but it would allow the memory to be reallocated without having to refresh... I'm unsure how much of this would be patch-capable though.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    did this problem ever get fixed? i'm going to assume not as i am still having this issue
    It's a feature
    Its NOT a feature. After a reboot, it DOES NOT happen. After you've used the phone awhile and had lots of apps open, etc... then it will start to do this. Its probably some memory related issue. But it definitely can't be a "feature" or intended, because it is stupid. It will do it to me while i have Google open in the browser, and that is not logged in or anything, just the basic google page. Why on earth would I want it to refresh that? Hopefully it will be fixed through better memory management in 1.3.5......
  16. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTim View Post
    Ya, I don't like this feature either... not very helpful when it takes more than a minute to load some pages.

If I want a refresh, I'll push the refresh button...
    +1