Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I would just like a few examples/features how the Pre is thinking for you & in what ways do those type of features differ from other smartphones. Roger McNamee hinted that the Pre is actually the 1st device that actually anticipates certain user needs but I have been unable to locate these features. Maybe I'm overlooking something. I'm just looking for some information. TIA
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 07/30/2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    My pre does not think for me or read my mind in any way whatsoever....not even a little bit...
    I think McNamee was referring to features that have not yet been implemented. I was really surprised to see Palm running that commercial. Seems like some kind of disconnect between marketing and engineering.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My Pre says I have no comment...
    My Pre has been whispering that I should kill my co-workers....
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    My pre just seems to know that when I swipe up on it that I want the launcher to open. And even creepier it seems to just KNOW that touching an icon means I want that application to run. It creeps me out. Of course it knows I'm crazy, it told me I am.
    My Pre took itself back...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My pre knows how much i like oreo's so it twists just like one for me ;] it also knows how much i like high res wallpapers of megan fox, so i displays her proudly.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    So I guess the features haven't been added as yet....future updates..?
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darcside View Post
    My pre knows how much i like oreo's so it twists just like one for me ;] it also knows how much i like high res wallpapers of megan fox, so i displays her proudly.
    I was reading that the newer batches that are in Sprint stores no longer have the oreo effect due to a newer/different slider mechanism. When did you purchase your Pre?
    this thread is hilarious... Um my pre can tell time, but what is even more amazing is that it knows I need to know the time before I check so it updates every minute. how freaking sweet is that?
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    What are the so-called "mind-reading" aspects of the pre that are expected or would be available after future update?
    Also, Ya Boi D, you are right. I just switched my pre yesterday and the new one has a much sturdier feel to it then before. The slider seems a better built. I haven't checked to see if there are any hardware updates but will check.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My Pre wants to kill your momma. No, wait, that's my guitar...... Nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    I was reading that the newer batches that are in Sprint stores no longer have the oreo effect due to a newer/different slider mechanism. When did you purchase your Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    What are the so-called "mind-reading" aspects of the pre that are expected or would be available after future update?
    Also, Ya Boi D, you are right. I just switched my pre yesterday and the new one has a much sturdier feel to it then before. The slider seems a better built. I haven't checked to see if there are any hardware updates but will check.
    interesting. I got my Pre on Sunday. That's gotta be a recent batch, right?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    west3man... check your manufacturing date (warrantydatecode) (##786#) Mine says 7/21/2009. And it feels and runs heck of a lot better then the first one.
  16. enjoyingsilence
    My better half and I got into a squabble the other evening.. after leaving the table, I glanced at my Pre. A pop up saying "She's on the rag isn't she...? It'll be ok. Only a few more days " was on screen. With only one button below the message

Thank You Pre.

Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    west3man... check your manufacturing date (warrantydatecode) (##786#) Mine says 7/21/2009. And it feels and runs heck of a lot better then the first one.
    Thx. 7/1/9. Oh well. Best Buy must've NEEDED that "sale."
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    My better half and I got into a squabble the other evening.. after leaving the table, I glanced at my Pre. A pop up saying "She's on the rag isn't she...? It'll be ok. Only a few more days " was on screen. With only one button below the message

Thank You Pre.

Just sayin.
    lmmfao!
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post

Thank You Pre.

Just sayin.
    Cold-blooded... So to speak.
    My Pre is so smart- it actually knows when other people want to talk to me- my pre magically rings and vibrates!! This was worth the upgrade!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast