1.    #1  
    And Im on day 10 without a phone and any time that I call tech support they cant tell when they are getting more phones to send only that they are on backorder. Anyone else waiting on a replacement? I bought mine back on June 9th and none of the service centers or stores around here will exchange mine out.

My pre's screen randomly froze up along with the gesture area. I tried all manner of resets and even ran the webOS doctor to no avail. Now the phone is stuck in the language selection screen and I cant touch any of them to continue.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I developed a crack from the USB port up onto the screen Saturday. Since I had dropped it a few times I figured it was my fault, so I went the Asurion route. I entered all my info online, downloaded the forms and faxed them Sunday. Monday I called and they told me I needed to put my phone number on the photo ID fax, did that first thing Monday morning. I didn't get a call back until late Tuesday night that it had been approved, but was then informed it would take at least a week to get my new phone. Luckily mine is functional. When I had a Motorola Q on Verizon I fell into the lake with it in my pocket. I called when I got home and had a new phone the next day.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah its pretty ridiculous that you cant get a phone faster than this. I would be totally outraged if I didn't have another cell phone to use. I just hope the refurb I end up with isnt worse than this one in terms of the oreo effect etc.
  4.    #4  
    So Im still waiting on Sprint to send me out a phone to replace my original, anyone else had to wait this long???
  5.    #5  
    Still waiting, Day 18 with no phone. Sprint CS says still on backorder, no time frame given. WTF?
    I've been waiting for a week at best buy. When they do get ones in they all have the oreo effect. This is getting ridiculous. I really hope palm starts acknowledging the defects. At this rate I might just keep the one I have. I have 9 dead pixels in the bottom right and light is bleeding around the screen. I also had the phone shut off three times on me
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i just got my replacement today. i went in to the service center near my house yesterday and they had to order me one and they got it in this morning
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by looloo2345 View Post
    i just got my replacement today. i went in to the service center near my house yesterday and they had to order me one and they got it in this morning
    Makes me think that the CS is ignoring my ticket. May just have to drop sprint if they take too much longer. Getting a bit ridiculous.
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully your replacement will be there soon. I know how you feel. I'm on day 3, and its absolutely unbearable to be without it. Now that I've gone smartphone, i'll never go back. Good luck
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by edpsx View Post
    Makes me think that the CS is ignoring my ticket. May just have to drop sprint if they take too much longer. Getting a bit ridiculous.
    I think a call to retentions cancelling your account is in order. When they find out why you want to cancel, they'll bend over backwards to get you a phone. Personally, I applaud you for waiting this long. I'd have dumped them two weeks ago.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."