Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Pre is way too eager to call people. Tapping a person's number in the contact list opens the phone app and dials away, as does tapping on a missed call notification.

Is there a way to make the dialer wait for me to hit send before actually making a call?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    This is annoying and needs to be fixed. I accidentally called people I didn't want to talk to by clicking the missed call notification.
    It would be great if they could change this, cause i just want to "see" my missed calls not call them back!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I carry phone in front pocket because I'm always tearing holsters off and have called many people by mistake. Would love to see this feature.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    This is annoying and needs to be fixed. I accidentally called people I didn't want to talk to by clicking the missed call notification.
    I was having the same problem and it was annoying. There was a reason that I didn't answer that person's call!

Anyway, if you click to the far LEFT of the missed call notification, it will open the phone app to the missed calls section. If you click the notification somewhere in the middle or right of the notification then it dials the number.

You can do the same things for emails, etc. If you have 6 emails and click the far left of the email notification, it will take you to your inbox and not a specific email.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have the same problem also of calling the missed calls too easily, they do need to fix this soon. It really gets annoying.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I agree.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have had to cancel several calls quickly before they go thru. Even though I watch for and try to avoid it, it still happens. Some type of change would be nice.
    User error... read the manual... hope this helps...

This has been addressed numerous times here in the forum.

Some helpful hints...

1- If you are viewing a contact and you touch one of their phone numbers, it's going to dial the number. Why would you touch the phone number if you didn't want to make the call?

2- The notifications for missed calls has two spots you can touch. The name/number will dial the missed call, so you can call them right back easily.

Touching the missed call icon on the left side of the notification will bring up your call log.

The Pre is great because most things are just ONE touch away if you know where to touch. I hope this helps. Read the manual, it's full of helpful hints.

I'm really not sure why anyone would want to add additional steps to do things... one touch is awesome. Two or three touches is not.
    it would be nice to have it as an option for the many people who want it...

but for those who do not, then they turn option off..

thats a win win.. and since i do not make many calls, that would be my preferred preference, because most my outbound calls are mistakes more often then not lol.. i agree its user error, but still lol
    I keep dialing on accident also. Did not know the right side would do a list. Wish the Pre let you customize these sort of things...
    Anything new on this? I would love to have this option.
    Uh, there's a patch for this in Preware. You can touch the "missed call notification" anywhere and it will take you to the missed call list view. It's called "no missed call callback"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    Uh, there's a patch for this in Preware. You can touch the "missed call notification" anywhere and it will take you to the missed call list view. It's called "no missed call callback"
    Thanks. I hadn't seen that one.

What I am looking for is a confirm for a dial from the call log, not the notification.
    I don't quite understand. From the dialer, if you select the contacts icon at the top right it takes you into contacts (not the contacts apps). From there if you select the person's name it will dial automatically. Kind of cool I think.

However, if you open the contacts app, and touch a contact it will open the contact. From there you can select call or text or make changes. If you select 'call', the number will be dialed. If you take one of your contacts and you place it in the launcher the same things happens. So if you don't want the phone to dial instantly, open the contacts app and go that route.

But I think that its pretty cool that Palm gives you the option of dialing instantly if you're in the dialer app and a two stage process if you in the contacts app. Make a lot of sense actually. Think about if. If you playing around in the contacts app you may only be looking to change someone's info, so there isn't a need to dial instantly. So a two stage process is necessary in that app.

However if you're in the phone app, more than likely you're looking to dial instantly so being able to do that in one step makes a lot of sense. Also, I found that the touch sensitivity in the phone app when scrolling through contacts isn't so sensitive to the point where you can't scroll without dialing a number.

Just a thought.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I do find it very annoying, when I'm in the missed call menu and I touch a contact I don't necessarily want to dial back. But also when looking up a contact via the phone menu, it dials far to easily.

For instance I have 5 Martin's in my phone, and 3 Marks, I need to check their details to see who's whom, yes, ofcourse I can better edit their numbers so that the correct country/number is on top - but I don't feel like doing that for my 700+ contacts (I'm not even kidding here).

Anyway, when I click I wish the default would be to open the contact - not dial immediately.

If the blackberry gods could make this an option through a software update, I'd be very happy.
    there is a patch no autodial from call log that prevents this places the number in the call log
    no missed call callback allows you to review the missed calls without calling
    Seriously?! That's super! Many thanks!

Where could I get it?
    preware
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR404 View Post
    If the blackberry gods could make this an option through a software update, I'd be very happy.
    You do realize this is not the Blackberry forums, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast