1.    #1  
    Last night after being on the phone with sprint tech and palm tech I was told to return my phone... Seems as if all my location base apps (google maps, sprint nav etc) all were putting about 30 to 40 miles south of my location at one specific street....

Today out and about for work its fine..my conclusion the airave throws off the coordinates of the phone, is this possible?

Granted it wasn't working last night while I was home and in airave coverage but being this is my 2nd pre and my first one never had this problem I was concerned ...
    I'm guessing the Airave throws off the Locations. I've read similar stories, and have the same issue.
    Happens to me all the time.I'm in san diego but it always defaults to long beach whenever I am within airrave range.
    Yep, my Airave does the same thing.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Yea airave DEFINITELY messes with location services. Try turning off GPS and going outside of airrave range --> it'll use the cell towers to triangulate your location to within roughly 500 yards. Now go back in your house and let it triangulate within Airave range and it'll put you somewhere else.
    I have airave and a pre and never thought about this as a potential problem. Please let me know about work-arounds for any and all of the apps on the pre
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Are there still issues with the Pre + Airave? When I switched over from my HTC Touch Pro and called in to lock down my Airave to just my # they said they were having issues with them in combination with each other. I have also noticed that even if I am in Airave coverage I am getting fluctuating signal strength and constant switching between 1x and EVDO. This is something I never had a problem with when it came to the HTC Touch Pro.
    It seems to place you in the location of the area VPN concentrator.. in my case it's always in Clearwater,FL. I live over 2 hours away from Clearwater. It seems to be using the CPS side (cell site) when no GPS signal can be locked onto. Since, for all intents and purposes, you are connected to the tower (airave) that is located (via the VPN tunnel) where the concentrator is at, you get that location.

This is just what I've noticed
    That is good to know.. I have a friend who is looking at the Pre and Sprint and would also need the Airave for his home. Wonder if this is something that they will try and fix since the Airave needs a GPS fix to work itself.
  10.    #10  
    Its kinda annoying to know your pre isn't able to locate itself when connected to the airave...I wonder who we can contact to try and get a fix for this ...
    i have the same issue, i live in PA and my location on my pre says in in NYC in Queens, thats like 100 miles away, even if i use wifi it does the same thing.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    i have the same issue, i live in PA and my location on my pre says in in NYC in Queens, thats like 100 miles away, even if i use wifi it does the same thing.
    wow thats wild, what street is it putting you on bc thats where its putting me somewhere in queens!!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    wow thats wild, what street is it putting you on bc thats where its putting me somewhere in queens!!
    When I was using my airave on Long Island, it was putting me in Queens somewhere east of Shea (citifield).