1.    #1  
    Hi, I am new to the forum. I tried searching for this but couldn't find it anywhere.

about a week or so after I got my pre it started shutting off randomly so I took it in to the store to see what was wrong with it. the tech guy told me that palm had made the batteries just a bit too small so that sometimes when you slid the phone the batter would detach from the prongs. to fix this he put a little piece of folded cardstock at the top of the battery. It has been doing fine since then, but I'm slightly worried about sticking a pieces of paper behind the battery where it gets so hot. has anyone else heard about this fix or had this problem?

also I have another very noob question. I know that pre backs up automatically to the palm profile thing. I have accessed the site online, the only option available seems to either remotely delete your data or change your password. is there anyway to view this information..either through this or from another application. i would like some way to view my text messages off my phone.

thank you,
    hannah
    Take it back to Sprint , They have new Batteries now that fit correctly.

The Back-up is just that a back-up and will resync if you have to replace your phone for any reason.Nothing right now that you can view that stuff from that I know of.,

Welcome.
  3.    #3  
    oh, awesome. do I just tell them I need a new battery?
    If it is a new battery they give you then that is Perfect. I have had it happen a few times to me, but it is only a minor problem.....just sucks it happens at the worst times.
    the new batteries have two grooves the old one doesn't...that is the difference/fix. they should replace no questions.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    the new batteries have two grooves the old one doesn't...that is the difference/fix. they should replace no questions.
    Got any pictures of this new battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Got any pictures of this new battery?
    sorry, the only camera i have is on the pre so i can't take pics when the battery is out.

basically, if you look at the battery facing up (you can read front)...there are two sort of ''legs''. They should have a groove/divet in it. if not and your battery shuts off on close of slider, you have the defective battery. the sprint guy even showed it to me when he took my old battery away to Palm.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    sorry, the only camera i have is on the pre so i can't take pics when the battery is out.

basically, if you look at the battery facing up (you can read front)...there are two sort of ''legs''. They should have a groove/divet in it. if not and your battery shuts off on close of slider, you have the defective battery. the sprint guy even showed it to me when he took my old battery away to Palm.
    Thanks for the info. Checked my battery and it looks to have the divets in the legs. Haven't had any reset issues yet