1.    #1  
    How do you actually do this on the pre? Does it delete older e mails automatically or store it until I delete it?
  2.    #2  
    bump
    You can't delete multiple emails at once and I believe the default behavior is not to sync the trash folder so it *should* be off the phone after deleting but still on the server.

If it's important for you to know it's easy enough to test.
  4.    #4  
    Eventually they're gonna fill up my memory, right? So I either have to delete them one by one or manage them from my computer. I don't delete emails from yahoomail, hotmail,etc. So basically I have to start doing so,right? I'm still confused and just trying to understand this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    You can't delete multiple emails at once and I believe the default behavior is not to sync the trash folder so it *should* be off the phone after deleting but still on the server.

If it's important for you to know it's easy enough to test.
    well you could just show mail from 1 day or 3 days ago. But for some reason for me it don't sync and remove the mail off my pre that's is more then 3 days old.
  6.    #6  
    Yup I'm confused about that. I set to show 7 days and it was showing emails for a month. So I thought it would keep filling it up

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    well you could just show mail from 1 day or 3 days ago. But for some reason for me it don't sync and remove the mail off my pre that's is more then 3 days old.
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    Yup I'm confused about that. I set to show 7 days and it was showing emails for a month. So I thought it would keep filling it up
    Oh... I get your question. The behavior *should* be that it only syncs the amount of email that you have set. However, you might have to hit the "sync" button before it'll do it. I'm not sure it'll handle it automatically though.

With mine, I had it set to 30 days and changed to 1 day and it automatically removed the other emails from my Pre without hitting the sync button.
    Oh... I get your question. The behavior *should* be that it only syncs the amount of email that you have set. However, you might have to hit the "sync" button before it'll do it. I'm not sure it'll handle it automatically though.

With mine, I had it set to 30 days and changed to 1 day and it automatically removed the other emails from my Pre without hitting the sync button.
    Mine does all that except for the trash folder. Still got some in there from june 5th. I've left them mostly out of curiousity. This one is also a hotmail account. The gmail one does just fine and I don't have anything in the trash past 7 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    Mine does all that except for the trash folder. Still got some in there from june 5th. I've left them mostly out of curiousity. This one is also a hotmail account. The gmail one does just fine and I don't have anything in the trash past 7 days.
    The default GMail behavior is that the Pre doesn't sync the trash folder unless you go into it. Is it different with Hotmail?
    The default GMail behavior is that the Pre doesn't sync the trash folder unless you go into it. Is it different with Hotmail?
    They are both setup exactly the same actually... Oh well. Really doesn't bother me. Its not a very active email account so there's only like 70 or so deleted emails in the trash.

EDIT: Well I take that back. They aren't quite the same cause there are a couple different settings in each. Like gmail you can select which folders are displayed but you can't in hotmail.
    Last edited by GuessWho727; 07/30/2009 at 10:33 AM.
    You can also delete emails from the general email screen by a swipe to the left or right (same way you swipe away alerts). You don't have to actually open each email and press the trash icon.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    When you select "sync deleted emails" to -on-, it will delete email off the server that you delete on your Pre. But the email stays in your trash folder on your Pre until you go in and manually delete each one.

If you have email on the server that are also in your Pre in-box, if you delete or remove (as in DL to a PC and no leave a copy on the server) the email from the server, it's no longer going to show up in your Pre in-box.

I may be wrong, but it appears WebOS does not actually keep a copy on the Pre, just shows what's on the server. If nothing ois on the server, nothing on the Pre unless you Sync Deleted then the Pre puts a copy in the trash can and deletes it off the server.

Just a guess, but that seems to be what it does after using it for a Yahoo and POP3 accounts now.