Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry for your loss.
    Next time that happens, instead of cancelling the line, you call the phone and when the perp answers, you pretend you don't know anything is wrong. You tell him "Hey, I got that 500 bucks I owe you." Being a crook, he can't resist. You set up a time and place to meet and make sure a cop (or your kickboxer buddy with the anger problem) is there too. Then come back and tell us how it went.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Actually I lost my instinct, couldn't remember where it was.
    I added family locator and saw that I had left it at a job.

You could have left it on added the locator gone to where it says
    The phone was and called it. If you saw the mugger you could then call
    The cops....

Or when my daughters phone was stolen,I left it on for a few days
    Hoping they would use it... Then I checked the # s dialed on account
    Activity called them explained I'd be turning their # over to the police for
    Questioning... Got a call next day from the (good samaritan) who just (happened)
    To find it...
    The good person probably thought they had you fooled anyway.
    It should back up everything! I'm on my 5th one and everytime my Tasks, calendar events, contacts, apps and email accounts always come right back up!

Quote Originally Posted by darkfox View Post
    Personal data like memos, apps, and stuff of that nature is not backed up. Your contacts should be backed up. The info was saved to your palm profile, so when you get your new device just put your profile info in and restore it.

Check out post #10:
    What data is backed up? - Palm Pre Forums
    wow u should have ran, thats what i did
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
    Mugged in Eugene.... where? I'm in Eugene .. didn't think things like that happened here.. although I'm in the upper West side.. heh
    It happened near my friends house on Charnelton St. between 13th and 14th Ave. Right near what was apparently once the old city library. It's not a particularly sketchy area, it isn't very well lit, but it's not the West Hills.

As for those commenting on the fact that I'm O.K., thank you! I would have mentioned my condition in the origional post, but considering that this is the Pre Central forum, I thought you guys would be more concerned with what happened to my phone than how I, the forumer, turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    wow u should have ran, thats what i did
    That's what they did after grabbing the phone out of my hand and pushing me to the ground as I lunged for it.

As for the "Sprint Family Locater"...I thought about it, but when the rep told me there was no way to track my phone and that she suggested that I suspended the service immediately, I went ahead and did so. If the family locater would have located my phone, why did she tell me that there was no way to track it? That's a little annoying!

I did try calling the phone a bunch of times but nobody would pick up...maybe they didn't know how heh.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 07/29/2009 at 10:09 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar Bumpers View Post
    Next time that happens, instead of cancelling the line, you call the phone and when the perp answers, you pretend you don't know anything is wrong. You tell him "Hey, I got that 500 bucks I owe you." Being a crook, he can't resist. You set up a time and place to meet and make sure a cop (or your kickboxer buddy with the anger problem) is there too. Then come back and tell us how it went.
    I like how you think. Kudos.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Have all phones in household on family locator - including the phone hidden in my daughters trunk. Most often it hits within 15 yards of the phone. We keep our old cheezy phones to track our vehicles. $10 dollars to add a phone line & fam locator covers our three personal cells & two vehicle phones...

Good to hear you're okay. Phones can be replaced, shame that there's no remote self destruct app...
    Last edited by tarhead; 07/29/2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I'm old...
    I see you did consider adding Family Locator. That might have worked, don't know why Sprint didn't suggest it before you switched off service.
    Last edited by meriwether; 07/29/2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Later post addressed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfox View Post
    Personal data like memos, apps, and stuff of that nature is not backed up. Your contacts should be backed up. The info was saved to your palm profile, so when you get your new device just put your profile info in and restore it.

Check out post #10:
    What data is backed up? - Palm Pre Forums
    Actually, memos are backed up and should be restored to your new Pre. I got a new Pre and my memos were replaced OTA when I received my info once I logged in. Also, some of your pics that were assigned to caller ID will also show up on the phone dialer but they will not show up in your photos (cache/dialer bug).

Glad no one was hurt though. Get your new Pre!!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Based on this boards insensitivity of people with Pre problems then this would be ruled as "good news" since it adds a new customer and you end up buying another phone.

Personally, I've had an attempted carjack once (just rolled up windows and drove away) and it's pretty scary stuff so I'm glad you weren't physically hurt. I really wish jurors could be people who were put in situations like this so they know what it's like because the way it is now then punishment for crimes like this are a slap on the wrist, but the end result could be pretty traumatic.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am so sorry. How horrible! Keep us posted when you get your phone and how it goes. Hopefully that part will be smooth and the worst is over. Glad you are okay!
    Damn that stinks. I wish I just had my PRE as some nut was trying to steal my Cushions off the front porch. I was like WTH and he looked at me and said oh I'm just taking these as I'm homeless and need them to sleep on.

I said being homeless won't be an issue if you don't get off my porch. You will be either in Jail or a hospital. I guess he saw the bat I had at my side because he jumped the rail and went on his way . Sent the Cops after him but no PRE with me(it was on it's touchstone) meant no picture .

and I have SFL on all my lines including mine $5 can't beat it.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    That's why I carry my pre in one holster and a .45 in another.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Note to self: Move to Texas, carry gun, try not to get mugged
    I still believe that, until an app is available, rooting the Pre and adding a script that tracks it is a very good option.

Http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/GPS_Tracking

I set mine to email me every 20 minutes the location

In a case like this, the police would use the information, since a violent crime was involved.
    Tonight on the news there was a story about a guy whose iPhone was stolen. He used the GPS in it to track the phone and the cops nailed the teen who stole it. They also found two stolen wallets on the kid.

I don't know if this was something like the family locator or if it was an app, but he apparently looked up the info. on his home computer.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If ur ever in florida I own a martial arts studio, I'll give you a leson or two to keep that from happening
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    If ur ever in florida I own a martial arts studio, I'll give you a leson or two to keep that from happening
    Martial arts class just to protect your self from random pre-muggers lol
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast