Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Lately I have been on roaming and getting missing network messages. Does this mean that I can't get data access when roaming?

Btw I used to be a verizon customer and broke a contract to get the pre. The phone and simply everything plan is working great for me. But vz is charging me an extra month of service plus termination fees. I cancelled in june 6 and they said service would end on july 11. But just got the bill for all of july now due in august. Is there anything I can do to dispute this? Tks.
    As far as roaming goes, you cannot access data while roaming unless you have a nearby wifi connection you can tie into.

As for the other issue, you would need to contact Verizon customer service for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiasanc View Post
    As far as roaming goes, you cannot access data while roaming unless you have a nearby wifi connection you can tie into.

As for the other issue, you would need to contact Verizon customer service for that.
    Totally 100% incorrect. ALL sprint plans have data roaming included at no charge. Just make sure DATA roaming is enabled in the phone settings, and you will be good to go.
    Heck, if you are within an Alltel area, you can roam on their EVDO rev. a.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Totally 100% incorrect. ALL sprint plans have data roaming included at no charge. Just make sure DATA roaming is enabled in the phone settings, and you will be good to go.
    Heck, if you are within an Alltel area, you can roam on their EVDO rev. a.
    Your nugget of info made my day...we are on the outskirts of Sprint coverage area, and it frequently flips between EVDO and Roaming... had not seen that menu item yet (only had my phone for a day or so)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katdaddy View Post
    Your nugget of info made my day...we are on the outskirts of Sprint coverage area, and it frequently flips between EVDO and Roaming... had not seen that menu item yet (only had my phone for a day or so)
    Happy I could clear up the mis-information.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I can back that up I talked with sprint about the roaming fees and you wont see any if your on a newer plan voice and data roaming are included.
    Be careful with the roaming stuff. They get a little sticky about it no matter what you are told. You cannot roam for more than half of the alotted minutes. Also, with unlimited minutes you cannot be roaming for more than half of your used minutes.

They will not tell you this unless you ask, but it is in the fine print.

Are there limitations on domestic roaming with the Simply Everything(SM) plans? (link)

Terms and conditions for roaming still apply. A majority of calls need to be made on the Sprint network. This applies to all plans, not just the unlimited.

The Terms and Conditions:

Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming.

Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem): The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.