1.    #1  
    Now when I get e-mail the bottom e-mail icon flashes instead of staying there until I have looked through all my messages

Also, when I press next to view the next e-mail message it takes 2-3 attempts to do so now even when the little arrow lights up each time.

I'm not sure if I put this is the right forum or not, if not. Sorry.

Anyone else getting this issue? I see nothing about it on palm's website. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    If you are referring to when you get a new email notification that flashes on the screen and when you unlock the screen, there is just a little white envelope in the bottom right hand corner, yes it is happening to more than just you.

I had my email in my quicklaunch bar to begin with, but that might be a quick workaround for you. You can also expand out each email as a preview mode, similiar to expanding a picture or webpage.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    If you are referring to when you get a new email notification that flashes on the screen and when you unlock the screen, there is just a little white envelope in the bottom right hand corner, yes it is happening to more than just you.

I had my email in my quicklaunch bar to begin with, but that might be a quick workaround for you. You can also expand out each email as a preview mode, similiar to expanding a picture or webpage.

ok good to hear, hopefully they fix it soon.
    I'm getting a similar issue since updating to 1.1... but I'm also having an issue with getting notifications for emails that I've already deleted. Once I delete the email by swiping it away in the email preview list, I then swoosh away the card, then I get an email notification telling me I have a new email. When I click on the little envelope, IT TAKES ME TO THE TRASH!!!

Anyone else having THIS issue?

J
    just got my pre last week... i set my email notifications to sound only, and the pre wakes up whenever i get an email and the screen comes on.... even if i closed the app.

is that normal?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tekknikal View Post
    just got my pre last week... i set my email notifications to sound only, and the pre wakes up whenever i get an email and the screen comes on.... even if i closed the app.

is that normal?
    Answer: Yes this is normal
    Reason: You just got a notification. All notifications will pop up on the screen either in the notification area at the bottom, or if the phone is locked the screen will light up for a moment or 2. Your palm should remain locked until you unlock it though.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've noticed that my mail downloads whenever i answer a call (nice notification sound right in my ear) since the update. I have it set to download manually but yet I stick it on the touchtone and it downloads the mail...I answer a call it downloads mail. I've tried setting it to every six hours but that seemed to make things worse and it downloads whenever it wants...anyone else?

I've also experienced the repeat of email that I've deleted and I'm lead to the trash
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybowser View Post
    I'm getting a similar issue since updating to 1.1... but I'm also having an issue with getting notifications for emails that I've already deleted. Once I delete the email by swiping it away in the email preview list, I then swoosh away the card, then I get an email notification telling me I have a new email. When I click on the little envelope, IT TAKES ME TO THE TRASH!!!

Anyone else having THIS issue?

J
    yup i am
  9.    #9  
    I hope they fix these issues soon.
    when you get the email notification initially, it only shows the envelope. did it give a preview of the sender before?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here