Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I can remember when the Pre was first introduced in jan, this was a feature that a lot of people and blogs were talking about. In case you dont know what im talking about, it was the feature that would send out an email to the person you were supposed to meet with saying you were late.
    Has anyone used it, found it, figured out if the pre actually has it? Just wondering!
  2. #2  
    There's a feature that resembles what you're describing. When an alarm comes up for a meeting, you have the options to (a) dismiss the alarm; (b) snooze the alarm; (c) contact the meeting attendees.

    If you hit the contact button, it composes an email to the attendees with pre-inserted text about running late.
  3. louie2701's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #3  
    This feature is actually working for me but I don't know what triggers it. Also ,it did not start working for me till after the latest update. If I'm going to be late, a notification pops up with the event and an option to contact attendees. I tapped on it once before and it takes me directly to the email.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    There's a feature that resembles what you're describing. When an alarm comes up for a meeting, you have the options to (a) dismiss the alarm; (b) snooze the alarm; (c) contact the meeting attendees.

    If you hit the contact button, it composes an email to the attendees with pre-inserted text about running late.
    I wish it had this feature.

    EDIT: Wait, I just saw that featue in the new I'm Crazy Pre add. How does one enable it?

    EDIT again: O.k. I think I know wahts going on here. If you receive and invite to a meeting, i.e. you have Outlook access, you can respond to the meeting notifications.
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 07/29/2009 at 04:25 PM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  5. #5  
    how do you add attendees from the Pre? i couldnt seem to find that.
  6. dcigary's Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    how do you add attendees from the Pre? i couldnt seem to find that.
    You can't. But if you maintain a Google calendar you can add attendees there.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    how do you add attendees from the Pre? i couldnt seem to find that.
    You can do this but ONLY if attendees already exist for the calendar item.
  8. #8  
    Thanks, I forgot about this feature! It also works with a meeting request on Outlook.
    But the meeting must be set up in Outlook, not on the Pre.
  9. #9  
    I've used it, works great.
  10. #10  
    do any of the location services have to be turned on?
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  11. #11  
    yeah...it works great... i had one pop up a couple of weeks ago and I was dumbfounded.... i had forgot abouot that feature
  12.    #12  
    So the meeting has to be set up in outlook first, and then a notification pops up. IS there a setting for this, or do you have set the meeting up with a notification?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You can do this but ONLY if attendees already exist for the calendar item.
    so basically we cannot do it form the Pre? that sucks.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    do any of the location services have to be turned on?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    so basically we cannot do it form the Pre? that sucks.
    If you don't have other meeting attendees, who would you be emailing to notify you're late anyway?

Posting Permissions