Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, Maybe? That's if these concerns among U.S. authories are addressed here in this Link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...84401&posted=1

Post #1, & post #21 in above Link say all about the faults and why
    American People and Companies will have this battle over Pre type devices. You can post on the Above Link post also.

"Pre" phone in future?? Speak your piece about lost access to Sites and Info in above Link.

Or general Pre view here.

"Pre" will make it to the Future??
    That discussion is beyond ridiculous. Any free service you can't trust. If you don't want to trust the cloud use Palm servers to backup your contacts instead of Google, and use your ISP's email service instead of Google's problem solved. Nothing wrong with the phone.
    What the hell are you saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    What the hell are you saying?
    He's trying to say that since Google video removed a video, and that google news removed a link to an article that the U.S. economic crisis is over.

OOps forgot to mention that the above post contains sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Tamara? Is that you?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Dumb thread title. I wish I could click on the No Thanks! button.
    Your position is totally flawed. Simply put the pre and internet companies can and will make mistakes. Its your responsibility to safeguard sensitive info. Don't rely on them to archive it. Purchase your own server if you need that confidence. Your complaint is similar to complaining that city bus routes don't pick you up and drop you off when and where you want....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Your position is totally flawed. Simply put the pre and internet companies can and will make mistakes. Its your responsibility to safeguard sensitive info. Don't rely on them to archive it. Purchase your own server if you need that confidence. Your complaint is similar to complaining that city bus routes don't pick you up and drop you off when and where you want....
    Except he's not even talking about any cloud info. He's talking about google taking down a video (probably violated their TOS, or copywright) and google taking down a link to a website because the website is no longer there (for probably violating their TOS with their webhost).
    This is a complete misunderstanding of the term "cloud". The "cloud" is nothing new-and means nothing more than storing information on server that is accessible remotely. A corporate exchange server could be considered in a comany's cloud. Gmail is in the cloud, the internet is a public cloud, a corporate WAN is a private cloud. Blackberry network is a private cloud. Come on!
    The reason you can access your bank information on line is because it is in the "cloud", your phone bill is there, as is your electric and car loan info. Your mortgage and SS info are also in the cloud.

People have reallly bought into the marketing behind this cloud thing. Palm should be applauded.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    This "thread" should be "deleted", and the OP "banned" from ever using "quotation" marks "again"!
    OP, If you don't like the idea of using the cloud, then don't. In fact plz, pretty plz, and plz with sugar on top do not get a pre.

kthxbye and most of all. DISMISSED!!!!

((Never mind thumbs down, me thinks there ought to be a button with a mushroom cloud on it -- pun fully intended))
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    This "thread" should be "deleted", and the OP "banned" from ever using "quotation" marks "again"!
    Hey, you just got your 100th post, congrats.

Oh, and I agree.
    do do do do do

The Truth IS "out there"
    This thread title is very misleading
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Tamara? Is that you?

hahahahhaahhaaha
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Can someone change the thread title to something more appropriate?

Like "Rambling Nonsense"
    It sure seems trollish to title the thread "Pre To Be Discontinued!!" simply because you, or someone else, does not like, or does not understand, what "the cloud" means.

By the way, how is your iPhone holding up?
    Quit your speculation about devices in general and applying it to the Pre exclusively.

Wow, talk about sensationalist writing.....
    Actually I think he miswrote the title. It was supposed to be titled "The Internet to be discontinued".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast