Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ok so i got up took it off charger and after moderate use im still at 90% wow what ever happened is awesome!

mt
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    same for me im still at 94% its been off the charger for 3 hours and i listened to a whole album via the media player what gives thats some good battery life just started today
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    yeah, i wish. Touchstone is my closest friend. Otherwise i'd be out a phone half way through the day.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    40 hours of light use and still @ 40% for me. The battery life has improved a lot in just a month.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i wonder what happened? could it be that 1.10 fixed something??
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    my battery has been lasting a lot longer as well.
    lasted 2 days with light calls, lots of txt, playing some songs on pandora, and some web use.
    "wow this thing is still on?"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Funny you guys are seeing this because as of the past few days I've noticed a marked decrease in battery performance. I'm currently at 40% after being off the charger since 9 (6 hours) but only making one ten minute call... My phone was at 8% yesterday by the time I got home from work (6pm). I did however recently use that new pc application that allows drag and drop inatallation of homebrew so maybe there are some issues there. Maybe I'll uninstall the new apps and test.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    6 hours... 95%

But I've barely used it.
    I wish, i'm at 68% after 5 hours of hardly using from a full charge
    Quote Originally Posted by fsu120 View Post
    40 hours of light use and still @ 40% for me. The battery life has improved a lot in just a month.
    uh, what? My phone cannot possibly last 24 hours.
    3:27 pm and after moderate use I am at 85%!!! Not too shabby!
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I don't have a scientific method measurement of my battery performance, but I believe my Pre has better battery charge duration after the 1.1 update, that is especially noteable when the phone is idle for several hours. Bluetooth power drain is a different story.

I have two bluetooth 2.1 headsets and one 2.0 headset (all stereo). The 2.1 headsets seem to get better range of reception, but the power drain on the battery is noticeable for all the bluetooth headsets. 2.1 bluetooth is supposed to be more power efficient, but I haven't noticed any significant difference between 2.0 and 2.1. If I use Pandora with wifi and bluetooth, I get the worst power drain. Phone calls perhaps drain the battery as much as streaming Pandora via wifi to a stereo bluetooth headset. Again, these conclusions are drawn from recalling my experiences, not accurate measurments.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I took mine off the charger (fully charged) yesterday at 11:36 a.m. and after 28 hours and some light texting, emailing, and calendar interaction, it is at 52%.
    If I hadn't become a Pandora addict I am pretty sure my battery would be plenty for a full day. When I don't use Pandora the phone seems to do quite well battery-wise.
    Took the phone off the charger at 11:30 this morning, frequently browsed the web and made 2 10 minute calls. Down to 25%
    Wow what are you doing differently. It is 1 pm for me and I'm at 53% and I haven't use my phone that much. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    3:00p.m. and at 88% light use few calls text and web took it off the touchstone at 8:00a.m.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    3:05 pm and at 85% wow, now i will say light/mod use but still before with the same use id be charging it or at 30-40% or worse

mt
    Yesterday, I got on the bus home from work with 37% battery. I listened to music, had a text conversation with two people simultaneously, and surfed the web for the entire hour long commute home. I walked through the door at home with 11%!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I think that the update might have tweaked the battery performance where some of the applications do not tax it as much, but think that the overall theme is that everyone that is getting great battery life are getting great signals the entire day. My battery drains way quicker at work because I get a horrible signal. When I am at home, I get a better signal and better battery life. Just my two cents worth.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast