1.    #1  
    Has anyone looked into this? I'm trying to figure out how to assign a "host" name to the Pre that shows up in my router DHCP Client list.

I have numerous clients connected to the router and it would be nice to see a host name associated with it so I don't have to verify the IP on the Pre. I want to leave the Pre on DHCP as well.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Yeah I just checked mine on the 2008 DHCP server and its just a blank host name. :-/
    Not sure about the host name in specific but you can always assign the Pre a reserved IP address in your router so you don't have to hunt it down.

Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Has anyone looked into this? I'm trying to figure out how to assign a "host" name to the Pre that shows up in my router DHCP Client list.

I have numerous clients connected to the router and it would be nice to see a host name associated with it so I don't have to verify the IP on the Pre. I want to leave the Pre on DHCP as well.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah thats what I've done now.
    You would need to install the winbind daemon on the Pre in order for it to serve it's hostname to other machines on the network.

Dont quote me, but I dont think it's possible to do that at the moment.