1.    #1  
    So I just noticed this on the SDK emulator and it is not working the same way on my actual Pre. Basically, when you dial a call on the emulator is shows the call duration. When I dial a call on my Pre, it does not.

Is this something Sprint is disabling? Does anyone have a non-rooted Pre and the call duration is showing like in the emulator? I have attached a screenshot of the emulator after dialing voicemail. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what people thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    EDIT: Nevermind...I was thinking about "in-call duration" not on the list of past calls.
    My Pre is not rooted, does not show call duration (v 1.1.0)
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAustin View Post
    I believe mine shows the duration (however, my Pre I have modified my phone by accessing linux, a.k.a. rooting). If I remember correctly, I didn't modify anything that had to do with Dialer, so I'm pretty sure "rooting" had nothing to do with it. Have you tried restarting your phone? For some reason, that seems to magically work some of the bugs out, but only if you're really lucky.
    I have restarted my phone multiple, multiple times since webOS 1.1.0 came out. So I know a restart will not fix it.

Also, you must have modified something that enabled the call log unless 1.1.0 is supposed to have this duration shown. Does anyone else have duration showing up on the call log? Preferably someone that has not rooted their Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    My Pre is not rooted, does not show call duration (v 1.1.0)
    That is weird. Why in the world does the SDK work like that? It just seems a little confusing and I wish they would have opened up this feature that they obviously have. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I think this has been discussed before. Something about how Sprint doesn't want you to be able to track your minutes so it is disabled.
    I don't know if that's the reason why, but I've heard it before as well and it makes sense. Seems kind of silly to me that the functionality is not there.