Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Ever since 1.1, I've been having issues with the following..

- When the phone rings while charging (charge mode, not USB drive mode), I unplug the phone and it ignores the call - not able to answer. Sometimes it launches the contacts and won't allow answering call. I can repeat this 2/3 times.

- When in roaming (consistently occurs in deep underground parking garage), it takes a very long time (5+ minutes) to get out of roam when above ground. And while in roam, incoming calls go straight to voice mail.

This is even after I've reset with webosdoctor, so no rooting yet.

Wasn't an issue in the past but I can now repeat both. Is it my phone or others able to duplicate?

Also still disappointed with phone app sluggishness. I do wish Palm would write the Phone app in binary code instead of clunky javascript. This is the one app that must be snappy and must work perfectly (or at least as good as PalmOS phone app). Not there yet.
    I've done this several times in my car and haven't lost a call. Are you sure you aren't touching something while disconnecing the cable causing the phone to ignore the call?
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Ever since 1.1, I've been having issues with the following..

- When the phone rings while charging (charge mode, not USB drive mode), I unplug the phone and it ignores the call - not able to answer. Sometimes it launches the contacts and won't allow answering call. I can repeat this 2/3 times.

- When in roaming (consistently occurs in deep underground parking garage), it takes a very long time (5+ minutes) to get out of roam when above ground. And while in roam, incoming calls go straight to voice mail.

This is even after I've reset with webosdoctor, so no rooting yet.

Wasn't an issue in the past but I can now repeat both. Is it my phone or others able to duplicate?

Also still disappointed with phone app sluggishness. I do wish Palm would write the Phone app in binary code instead of clunky javascript. This is the one app that must be snappy and must work perfectly (or at least as good as PalmOS phone app). Not there yet.
    I can't say I've had any of the issues you report but I may offer a suggestion for roaming. Do you have push mail enabled on your Pre? What other sort of data intensive applications do you use? If data roaming is enabled you will be roaming in 1x so data calls get priority and don't allow incoming voice calls (it's disabled by default but 1.1 might have changed that). This can be changed under Phone - Menu - Options. Unfortunately, you'd have to turn data roaming off to fix that. If you're getting stuck in roaming for prolonged periods of time, you can power cycle the radio and also check for a PRL update (same menu location). Most likely it's a signal penetration problem so it wont help you, but it's worth a shot. And if all else fails, power cycle your radio when you're stuck in roaming. Sucks to do but it works.

I also wish the phone application can be a little snappier, but I'm coming from WinMo so it's still pretty responsive comparatively.