1.    #1  
    Hey All,
    I don't want to make this a post hating on Palm... they did make some really nice updates in 1.1. I just wanted to say that I am a little disappointed that 1.1 caused some additional bugs. It' super nice to have the upgrades, but now I find myself waiting for the next update to fix things I never had to worry about. I've noticed lags with notifications, phone turning off randomly, web browser errors, alarm clock not going not snoozing properly, just to name a few. I really think Palm needs to avoid adding this many new issues with updates, what do you think?
    For me, 1.1 cause no problems at all... The phone is much snappier and loads things quicker. I also see far less checkerboard while scrolling on the web. The only bad thing about 1.1 was decreased battery life.
    Ever developed software? It's just one of the things that goes along with it. It's very difficult to modify software without affecting other parts of a software system.

It's really a product of something called complexity (Complexity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Complexity exists because the human brain is limited by the number of things it can consider at one time. Compartmentalizing can help but doesn't completely solve the problem.

As an example of complexity consider the US government with all it's rule, regulations, economic impacts and responsiblities (large organizations, like the government, are compartementalized through bureaucracy). Then consider all the controversy right now over health care reform. Every change that's proposed affects other things (some of which may as yet be unseen). Nobody knows what will happen if/when we make the change. Will it put insurance companies out of business? What about all the investment in those insurance companies? Do they become worthless? We can only speculate. Software complexity isn't quite this bad (since software is strictly deterministic) but it's still quite a bear.
    Speaking for myself, v1.1 has more bug fixes than new problems. There are still prior issues that are unresolved, but I'm not sure I have run into anything new I would consider a "problem".

I have noticed when I get a notification while the phone is locked, as soon as I unlock the phone, the notification minimizes to an icon rather than remain visible like it was before I unlocked the phone. Kinda of irritating? Yes. Big problem for me? No.

I have noticed the web browser opens in landscape mode upside down from the way I like to hold the phone. Kinda irritating? Yes. Big problem for me? No.

My phone has never turned off by itself. (I think I have only had one spontaneous reboot, so far.) I did read somewhere that Palm had shipped some phones with duplicate ESNs (electronic serial numbers) which could cause the phone to shutdown. Palm was notifying affected customers and shipping a replacement device.

I have not yet run into a browser error since v1.1 was released. For me, the browser is more stable and does not cause the "cascading white card" problem when the browser does not know how to handle a link.

To Palm: Thank you for the v1.1 update! With the HTML e-mail Reply/Forward bug resolved, I am looking forward to the upcoming release of video recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    For me, 1.1 cause no problems at all... The phone is much snappier and loads things quicker. I also see far less checkerboard while scrolling on the web. The only bad thing about 1.1 was decreased battery life.
    x2. No issues after 1.1, just a nicer phone experience, faster loading of just about everything, and decreased battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    x2. No issues after 1.1, just a nicer phone experience, faster loading of just about everything, and decreased battery life.
    Make that x3. I am seeing a LOT less little quirks with 1.1 than before, as well as everything being (a bit) a little snappier.
    x4. I am a software engineer and this update seems like a reasonable incremental update (though my battery life is worse now).
    I'm pissed that the update didn't turn my Pre into an iPhone