View Poll Results: Which way should I go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint Store

    22 78.57%
  • Sprint.com

    2 7.14%
  • Telesales

    2 7.14%
  • Don't buy it yet (wait longer)

    2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I can FINALLY buy this dang thing this weekend. Which do you guys think is the best bet for a better-build of the Pre? Any of the three honestly is fine with me. If I have to get it shipped, it won't kill me, as long as it's built well.
  2. ayman86's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #2  
    id rather get it at bestbuy to get the instant rebate
  3. mike929's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #3  
    Got my this past weekend at BestBuy 99 dollars, actually 105 and some change after tax
  4. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    Got my this past weekend at BestBuy 99 dollars, actually 105 and some change after tax
    LOL I wish I could've. My upgrade wasn't eligible yet.
  5. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    id rather get it at bestbuy to get the instant rebate
    Instant Rebate meaning no need for a mailin or what? I haven't purchased a phone from Best Buy.
  6. ansat's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #6  
    ya its instant instead of mail in. Also you can talk the BB employees in cutting you a discount on things like the touchstone case and car charger. I got 15% off the touchstone, 20% off the invisisheild, 20% off the slide case and 40% off the usb car charger. Plus you can get a 10$ a month REPLACEMENT (with no deductable) insurance plan that covers everything that sprints does except theft.
  7. #7  
    Radioshack has the instant rebate too. Switched over from verizon without any issues. BB $10 replacement plan sounds awesome, RS doesn't have that... I'd read the contract carefully though, best buy didn't have the best reputation with these things in the past.
  8. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ansat View Post
    ya its instant instead of mail in. Also you can talk the BB employees in cutting you a discount on things like the touchstone case and car charger. I got 15% off the touchstone, 20% off the invisisheild, 20% off the slide case and 40% off the usb car charger. Plus you can get a 10$ a month REPLACEMENT (with no deductable) insurance plan that covers everything that sprints does except theft.
    Yea I have not done well with any BB "replacement plans" in the past. There's always some new made up BS stipulation at the time of need. I have Sprint insurance.

    I may consider buying it through BB though if they will hook me up on the touchstone and car-charger though. I was just going to buy all at once.
  9. #9  
    If you can get one at a Best Buy, you don't have to wait for $100 rebate. Plus you save tax on the $100.
  10. #10  
    I got mine at Best Buy. They also gave me a discount on accessories.
  11. darkfox's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'd pick it up from Best Buy, then make sure you get the TEP.
  12. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #12  
    So what happens if I need to replace it like in the first 30 days bec it's a dud? Do I take it back to BB or to Sprint Store?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    Got my this past weekend at BestBuy 99 dollars, actually 105 and some change after tax
    How did you manage that? I got mine at BB and it was $199 plus tax, and I was eligible for the upgrade.

    Another benefit not mentioned, is that if you have a BB rewards card, you can pick up 199 reward points, which are worth around $5.00 in future discounts.
  14. #14  
    Got my two at the Sprint store paid $299 each on launch day and got a $350 rebate check. Seriously WTF?!?! So my total came out to $124 each phone.
  15. Clipse's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jws021 View Post
    How did you manage that? I got mine at BB and it was $199 plus tax, and I was eligible for the upgrade.
    Best buy had a lowered the price to 99 as an error. I was able to get myine price adjusted and did it ever feel good to stick it to best buy.
  16. JTH182's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #16  
    Bought mine online thru the EPRP site. Got a perfectly solid Pre
  17. CDAustin's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #17  
    Whatever you do, just get it at a physical store. That way you can be sure it has no immediate defects before you even walk out the door.
  18. kitster's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    So what happens if I need to replace it like in the first 30 days bec it's a dud? Do I take it back to BB or to Sprint Store?
    Within your 30 days, take it straight back to the Mobile Phone area at BB, and they will give you a new one. Happened to me twice in one day. Had one, fairly buggy (but not catastrophic) and took it back for replacement. GOt it, but it wouldnt connect to Sprints network. So, took it to another BB near my home for a replacement. No questions asked.

    And I would get the BB Black Tie - at least for the first couple of months. Because 'you never know'.
  19. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #19  
    You can't have both TEP and black tie can you?
  20. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAustin View Post
    Whatever you do, just get it at a physical store. That way you can be sure it has no immediate defects before you even walk out the door.
    Have to agree this is the best advice...if you get it at Sprint store, Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, or Phones R US...you can physically inspect the phone prior to taking ownership of it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions