View Poll Results: Which way should I go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint Store

22 78.57%
  • Sprint.com

2 7.14%
  • Telesales

2 7.14%
  • Don't buy it yet (wait longer)

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    You can't have both TEP and black tie can you?
    Yes you can have both, I do, I use the BB one when I want a brand new phone in the box and the Sprint one for everything else, because sprint techs cant fix the pre so they always try to give me a refurb....It takes a little longer with BB because they send it off for service....but I have never had them send me a phone back it always gets swapped in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    Yes you can have both, I do, I use the BB one when I want a brand new phone in the box and the Sprint one for everything else, because sprint techs cant fix the pre so they always try to give me a refurb....It takes a little longer with BB because they send it off for service....but I have never had them send me a phone back it always gets swapped in store.
    Thanks for pointing out the distinction. If I hadn't read this, I was probably just going to go to the Sprint store; however, I would never want a refurbished phone if something happened to the original.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    what is best buy black tie?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Buy it at a Sprint store and if you want protection use TEP.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Have to agree this is the best advice...if you get it at Sprint store, Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, or Phones R US...you can physically inspect the phone prior to taking ownership of it.
    First of all-HI local. Good photo! Did you take that during VPFair? I stay the hell out of downtown around then if I can, I work on the landing so anytime I can either not come into the office or take Metro I do.

Ok...I am leaning towards just going to Best Buy and getting the Blacktie as well as my TEP. Has anyone noticed Best Buy having newer/better supply?

How will I know if my unit is a POS with a bad slider issue? I haven't touched one in a month (on purpose)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    Got my this past weekend at BestBuy 99 dollars, actually 105 and some change after tax
    Me too! heck of a deal, so I got one for the wife too
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esolo69 View Post
    Me too! heck of a deal, so I got one for the wife too
    Yes indeed..especially because the price had just changed the day I got mine. I had to take my first Pre back though because it got stuck in a reboot loop when I tried to move my pictures over to it from my computer ( pics I had on my 755p). All is well though..got a new one right then and there.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    Yes indeed..especially because the price had just changed the day I got mine. I had to take my first Pre back though because it got stuck in a reboot loop when I tried to move my pictures over to it from my computer ( pics I had on my 755p). All is well though..got a new one right then and there.
    You had problems moving pics taken with your old phone over? That's no good, I have TONS to move over..
    Hi Ame! Go with Best Buy if you can, to get the instant rebate.

If they don't have in stock, go to Sprint...you know you can't wait any longer.
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    LOL Pretty much! Ill probably go on Saturday even.
    Here @ Sam's Club Kiosk (radioshack owned ones) we just got the Pre in today, Its 199.87 with the 100 INSTANT MIR and we will give you a $40 activation credit on your second months bill..
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    Here @ Sam's Club Kiosk (radioshack owned ones) we just got the Pre in today, Its 199.87 with the 100 INSTANT MIR and we will give you a $40 activation credit on your second months bill..
    Woah!! That definitely seems like the best deal. I get my upgrade on the same day, ame. Now that I know about Sam's Club, I'll definately go there! Then I'll just get the touchstone kit from this site: PRE TOUCHSTONE KIT (3456WW) - Power Accessories at Colamco

I think that'd be the wisest choice for you and I, Ame.
    LG PM225 (Water Damage) > Palm 650p (Stolen) > LG Rumor (White Screen of Death) > Palm 600p (Died) > Samsung Instinct (HORRIBLE and somewhat defective software wise...) > Palm Pre!
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    It would, if I belonged to Sams! I cancelled it because I never used it because it's not close enough to my house to be useful, my mom always just goes and buys me everything and then we pay her back!
    haha, oh... that's a problem I suppose. lol. At first when TMed_ATL posted the thing about sam's club, I was expecting "Yeah, Here @ sam's club, we sell them in a 12-pack for just $800!" lol.
    LG PM225 (Water Damage) > Palm 650p (Stolen) > LG Rumor (White Screen of Death) > Palm 600p (Died) > Samsung Instinct (HORRIBLE and somewhat defective software wise...) > Palm Pre!
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Heh well if it's 800 for 12 phones Ill cancel the TEP and just replace them as needed!

BB can do the upgrades right? I feel like I didn't ask that question...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I bought mine through an Employee Value Program (EVP) at work and it worked out beautifully!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12