Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealbigmofotruthat View Post
    They have one out already
    No actually Bank of America only has their mobile website for use with the Pre. The Blackberry and iPhone have true apps from BoA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Cool - every windows mobile phone could use this ad campaign too! It might have been useful when I made this post - over four years ago. It's pretty much old news today.
    Yeh, but admit it, flicking through the apps in card format is way cooler than switching between apps in Windows Mobile, then or now. The touch screen is also a UI that people prefer. I have not had a WinMo phone, but the reviews of the latest phones using it (Treo Pro, for example) indicate that it is really not in the same league with WebOS. I played around with WinMo on a Treo, and didn't like it. I liked my Instinct better. The main benefit, it seems, is that there are a lot of apps that work with your PC.

Your old post was interesting. You were doing a lot of stuff 4 1/2 years ago, and much of that the iPhone is still not doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I like your ideas, but I wouldn't directly show an iPhone in the ad. Anyone who is paying attention will get that "There is no app for that" is a jab towards Apple.

I would take your idea with the magician and blend it with some of the early preview videos that palm released.

Guy is on a street corner watching a magician dealing out cards. He is on the internet on his pre, when he gets an e-mail from his girl friend asking about movie tickets. He pops open fandango, buys tickets. Then he checks his calendar and show that the movie time has already been added, then with a quick flick text's her that he has movie tickets and to check her google calendar because it has the times on it.

Magician says something about his card trick being magic. Guy w/ the pre smirks a bit and walks away listening to music.

Show the spining/sliding pre again and que voice over: "Card-base True Multitasking. There is no App for that. The Palm Pre, Only on Sprint."

Just thoughts. I think it would be very nice to show and actual work flow on the phone rather than just creepy girl flicking her finger around.
    Another brilliant suggestion! With a couple of tweaks, you could almost shoot this outline as a commercial.

How is it that lowly forum posters are coming up with far more effective and clever commercials for the Pre that focus on the device's unique features? The Big Time Advertising Agency thinks the best way to sell the Pre is with weird spots featuring a creepy girl who thinks her phone reads her mind and keeps stabbing at it while whispering, "Bing! Bing! Bing"

If I had the time and knew a good card trick performer, I'd shoot this ad and post it to shame the clowns who Palm have on the case.
    Love the ideas for adds
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I like your ideas, but I wouldn't directly show an iPhone in the ad. Anyone who is paying attention will get that "There is no app for that" is a jab towards Apple.

I would take your idea with the magician and blend it with some of the early preview videos that palm released.

Guy is on a street corner watching a magician dealing out cards. He is on the internet on his pre, when he gets an e-mail from his girl friend asking about movie tickets. He pops open fandango, buys tickets. Then he checks his calendar and show that the movie time has already been added, then with a quick flick text's her that he has movie tickets and to check her google calendar because it has the times on it.

Magician says something about his card trick being magic. Guy w/ the pre smirks a bit and walks away listening to music.

Show the spining/sliding pre again and que voice over: "Card-base True Multitasking. There is no App for that. The Palm Pre, Only on Sprint."

Just thoughts. I think it would be very nice to show and actual work flow on the phone rather than just creepy girl flicking her finger around.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Yeh, but admit it, flicking through the apps in card format is way cooler than switching between apps in Windows Mobile, then or now. The touch screen is also a UI that people prefer. I have not had a WinMo phone, but the reviews of the latest phones using it (Treo Pro, for example) indicate that it is really not in the same league with WebOS. I played around with WinMo on a Treo, and didn't like it. I liked my Instinct better. The main benefit, it seems, is that there are a lot of apps that work with your PC.

Your old post was interesting. You were doing a lot of stuff 4 1/2 years ago, and much of that the iPhone is still not doing.
    i've had several winmo's,and have to say i miss them,my pre is nice and fun,but the tip of your finger control over everything in the winmo os is what i miss,not to mention the amount of actually useful apps,plus i think my mogul was way way more functional than my pre is,i think the novelty of card flipping is wearing off for me,but i'm hoping it will start to grow up pretty quick

and alot of stuff winmo was doin 4 1/2 yrs ago the pre still isnt doing either,,its disappointing
    Exactly. Multi-tasking isn't the Pre's unique shtick - it's the interface. Multi-tasking doesn't mean anything to 99% of the worlds wireless phone users so it won't sell to them. Ease of use, even for seemingly complex yet desirable tasks, is what sells. Watch any iPhone commercial - it takes a task that would be cumbersome to perform in another phone and explicitly shows you how (allegedly) easy it is to do on an iPhone - in a flash. That's what sells.

Most of that the iPhone still isn't doing. It's ~40% of the reason I sold it (the other 60% being AT&T's abysmal network) and I normally don't sell my phones (lots of backup phones on all the major carriers). It's why I remain unimpressed with the Pre - it's barely doing what I could do 4.5 years ago - a little less actually. I want Palm to show me that it's doing what it does more efficiently/reliably than my old XV-6600 and then I'll take notice.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12