1.    #1  
    I've been trying to figure out how to access YouTube's new section in which they host commercial movies and TV shows from the YouTube app, but haven't had any luck so far.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to access it, or if it's even available yet? I hope this isn't blocked out in order to promote useless Sprint TV.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevendxm View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how to access YouTube's new section in which they host commercial movies and TV shows from the YouTube app, but haven't had any luck so far.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to access it, or if it's even available yet? I hope this isn't blocked out in order to promote useless Sprint TV.

Thanks in advance.
    I assumed it's unavailable because it's at a higher resolution that usual Youtube vids and thus not streamable....of course, I could be wrong.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Awwhhh man, I was able to click on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit video and it brought up the listing in the Youtube app but gave me an error when trying to play the file.

I wasn't aware of this section in Youtube so I'll have to check out some shows on that site. Guess they realized they couldn't fall too behind Hulu.

...now if Hulu was able to get an app officially approved for the Pre, that would be insane.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I've gotten many errors... after a while they've sort of gone away.
    m.youtube.com is good for when you want to find a video not on the Youtube APP.
    ^^ True that m.youtube.com has more videos that the Youtube app. The "shows" look to only be available on the normal desktop site, which we can browse from the Pre's web, but these videos don't seem to play.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I just tried going to the full version of the site (youtube.com/shows) and clicking on a video. Doing this opens the YouTube app. The error message reads "This is a restricted video. It can only be played in your computer's web browser."

So I guess that answers that completely. No word on a Hulu or Joost homebrew app as of now huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    ^^ True that m.youtube.com has more videos that the Youtube app. The "shows" look to only be available on the normal desktop site, which we can browse from the Pre's web, but these videos don't seem to play.
    I've been able to view movies and TV by going to the web browser, and then to "youtube.com". What is interesting is that when you select a show, instead of playing on the browser, the Youtube app opens, and it plays on that. But if you try to find the same show using the Youtube app, you can't.
    Ok, so it seems to be select videos that won't play on my Pre. None of the National Geographic documentaries would play.

I originally thought it may have been their long show length, but I was able to start playing a random show that was over an hour long.

I guess some videos not playing doesn't matter to me until the day comes when Youtube puts on "real television shows" (doubtful). And when I say "real television shows", I mean the obviouslyhorribly-scripted "reality shows" that make me feel dumber just by passing over a channel that's playing one.
    Long videos play fine, like the college lectures. My guess is that its because the people that own the content don't get advertising in them like you do on a full fledge flash based player.

If you want TV shows I would suggest going to veoh or one of those others I can't remember the names.
  10.    #10  
    Veoh will not work on the pre will it?
    veoh works but the search is messed up. half the time it doesnt even search for what im looking for