1.    #1  
    I've noticed when I use a shortcut such as 'u' instead of typing out the word 'you' it will complete it for me. Can I get that to happen with other words? Like 'r' = 'are'?

I've tried to search for this but can't find anything... unless I'm not using the right words for the search...

Thanks, Greg
    If you know how to root your Pre: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ne-access.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    I don't even know what a root is. LOL

Maybe they will come out with a simpler way in the future...
    Thanks!!
    On my phone 'r' converts to 'are'.
  5.    #5  
    Mine does now after the update... Cool... Guess I should have checked before posting lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxergreg View Post
    Mine does now after the update... Cool... Guess I should have checked before posting lol
    Thanks NachoB for the plug. Yeah, so you can do this with my homebrew app called AutoCorrect Edit.
    Look into rooting. You can add all the shortcuts your heart desires after you root and install.

Ones I use all the time:
    th... the
    f... of
    uv... you've
    ur... your
    ure... you're
    dyk... do you know
    tm... time
    agn... again
    abt... about
    addr... address
    np... no problem

and tons tons more...
    Is there anywhere for us not so tech-no folks to get some help with putting some of these apps on our pre. I have no idea how to get into root on my pre and i am not sure i want to try. I paid way to much to screw this thing up but I would love for all you smart people to help my dumb *** to get some of these cool apps. Any help is greatly appricated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coper22 View Post
    Is there anywhere for us not so tech-no folks to get some help with putting some of these apps on our pre. I have no idea how to get into root on my pre and i am not sure i want to try. I paid way to much to screw this thing up but I would love for all you smart people to help my dumb *** to get some of these cool apps. Any help is greatly appricated.
    This forum is full of helpful people. Search the threads for help with rooting. It's essentially running some unix commands (similar to Dos command lines if you have experience there). They try to make the instructions as clear as possible knowing many people have 0 experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coper22 View Post
    Oh, so I meant to say that I'm trying to get installing my app easier, but I don't know that it will be possible due to access restrictions. The app has to be installed as if it's a Palm app since it needs special file access.