Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Don't see anything on this?
    Really, i can see a very very small subset where this might be useful, but you're putting a phone app on a phone to make a phone call, just use the phone...
    The key selling point is cheap international calls. And if you have to make international calls, it's a pretty big selling point.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    The key selling point is cheap international calls. And if you have to make international calls, it's a pretty big selling point.
    No need to explain some people here don't call outside their city let alone the country. Me personally I'd wait for either Skype or Fring to make an app.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Oh, I'm heading to Ireland this September, I'll just cross my fingers this or another VoIP app is released by then...assuming it can call over the Wifi connection...oh no, this thing says: "works anywhere the phone has coverage and does not require a Wi-Fi connection" that's not as cool. I'd rather anywhere there is phone coverage or a wifi connection. A wifi VoIP would be essential for this phone to give it a shred of international usability.
    Yup, I read it here:

VOXOFON: Yet another App for the Palm Pre - My Pre

It's not a real VoIP service though.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Yea this isnt a real voip app like that make it seem because your still using the phones dialer to make the call so technically you using your phones minutes and the cost of it to call out.
    Was just going to start this thread.

Anyway I am also going to ireland, but using this service for cheap phone calls from my phone from Ireland, and maybe using this in conjunction with Google Voice to forward calls to my cell number to the international number to the cell number.
    Hopefully a true VO-IP app comes out before October.