1.    #1  
    I use my phone a lot for reading audio books. The current software seems like it was designed for people who are more interested in seeing how their music looks than how powerful their control of the content is.

I wish I had Ptunes back. I'm thinking about ditching this phone over the issue. It's becoming a liability because I'm finding myself reverting back to my 700p for my music, meaning I have to carry two phones in my pocket - one for my info-listening, and one for my calls. This situation is not an improvement for me.

At the very least, I wish that they would allow me to map the music player functions to keyboard keys. It still wouldn't be as good as Ptunes, but it would at least give me some better controls.

Also, I don't have much appreciation for the control bar that moves up and down at the bottom of the music player. Try it sometime in the list view in your music player (controlled at the top right hand of the application). Press play to start a song, and then press the white button to minimize the music player. Now that you're here, simulate the decision to do one of the following:

1. Forward through the first verse of a song.

or

2. Skip to the next song.

Do it a few times, and then try it after powering down the screen and having to unlock the phone. A 20% success ratio for this operation seems generous to me.

This music player doesn't seem built for information consumers.
    Last edited by Taco John; 07/29/2009 at 04:08 AM.
    Give it time.

WebOS development is not complicated, and being on top of Linux means eventually you may have several music players to choose from, probably with tie-ins to various other music platforms.

Personally I have found the existing music player to be acceptable for now, although certainly not ideal. Admittedly my use of it is not critically important; I run this player while at the gym, and while running, in conjunction with my Backbeat 903. I have more problems with headphone connectivity than with the player itself.

I agree with your key-mapping suggestion. Although I do not open the Pre often while I'm listening to music, so I would like to see improved/increased on-screen control as well. Mostly I would just like to see continual refinement of the app, optimizing resource usage so that it runs more effortlessly and possibly better file browsing.
    anything?
    ya i went back and picked up a itouch on craigslist because the music player is so audio book not friendly....
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1900 View Post
    Give it time.

WebOS development is not complicated, and being on top of Linux means eventually you may have several music players to choose from, probably with tie-ins to various other music platforms.

Personally I have found the existing music player to be acceptable for now, although certainly not ideal. Admittedly my use of it is not critically important; I run this player while at the gym, and while running, in conjunction with my Backbeat 903. I have more problems with headphone connectivity than with the player itself.

I agree with your key-mapping suggestion. Although I do not open the Pre often while I'm listening to music, so I would like to see improved/increased on-screen control as well. Mostly I would just like to see continual refinement of the app, optimizing resource usage so that it runs more effortlessly and possibly better file browsing.

Yea i agree completely (I also have same bluetooth headset arent they amazing?) I rather just see the app run faster, I hate the little delay between navigating between playlists or songs, (maybe im too used to my itouch) I mean its only been a month (almost 2) so I'm willing to give it time, since I have gotten my pre I havent touched my itouch so its fine for right now, patience is key my friends.
    I wonder if PrePod can be modified to allow loading of non-podcasts for audio sources. It works great with bookmarks and skips forward and back. Might want to post in that thread.