1.    #1  
    I have over 270 tasks! They were all neatly categorized as a way to hold thimgs I wanted_ music; toys; movies; books to read etc.....
    The categorization was lost on the initial load of my data, so I redid it. That was all lost wheb I exchaged Pre's.
    Is there any way to back up the categories so that I don't lose it for the 3rd tinre???
    Great site - glad its so active!
    Try Classic for tasks and memos - works as advertised for native apps. Too expensive for me though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Third party cloud-based task apps, such as Remember The Milk, seem to be the best way to go for now. The built-in Tasks app is quite weak. Hopefully, they'll improve it soon.

I'm really hoping Franklin Covey will come out with a Prioritized Daily Task List app for the Pre, like they had for Palm OS, and later remade for the iPhone. I was a Franklin Planner user for many years before I went totally paperless. Franklin's ABC-123 system is unrivaled for keeping track of everything you have to do.
  4. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    %f your logged into you gmail account you can use google's task tool for mobile clients.

Xtn
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have Franklin Planner 8.1.1 working in Claasic
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgeek View Post
    I have over 270 tasks! They were all neatly categorized as a way to hold thimgs I wanted_ music; toys; movies; books to read etc.....
    The categorization was lost on the initial load of my data, so I redid it. That was all lost wheb I exchaged Pre's.
    Is there any way to back up the categories so that I don't lose it for the 3rd tinre???
    Great site - glad its so active!
    Your Tasks are all backed up in your Palm Profile. Call (or chat with) Palm support and ask them to restore your profile to a time when they were all there.

UGHHHHH... just noticed the OP was over a year old... GRRRRRR
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/30/2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: grumbling
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups