Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, I know there are other threads similar in nature; however, I have yet to find any definitive answers.

I just need to know which car charger you are using IF and ONLY IF it actually charges your Pre while streaming Pandora and running Sprint Navigation simultaneously. It does NOT have to work with Touchstone.

I'd really appreciate your help. I've never had so much trouble trying to find an adequate car charger for any of my past cellphones. I LOVE my Pre and just want to maximize its capabilities.
    I use the sprint car charger and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I was using the Motorola Quick Charger with the blue circle that lights up. It charges while using both Pandora and Nav. I switched to the Palm Pre Car charger to get the touchstone to work.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    My story is a little Odd. Although I think the wall charger that came with the Pre is faster than than the Peek car charger I use on the Road. I got it at Target on clearance for about $6. Although it does not charge as fast as others, I recently took a 2 hour road trip streaming Pandora and running Sprint NAV and it maintained the battery level. Started at 100% and stayed there.
    My Sprint charger works fine, and can keep up with Sprint Nav / Pandora.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamfrontosa View Post
    I use the sprint car charger and it works fine.
    I am assuming you are referring to this one, right?

From what I've read and experienced, it seems like the sprint palm car charger works most consistently; however, some people have said their Pre still drains while hooked up to it. It drains slower yes, but it still drains.

Ideally, I'd like a universal USB charger so I don't have to bother with Sprint's long coiled cable and I could use it for multiple devices. So far, every USB car charger (numerous ones found on eBay, Monoprice, etc.) I've tried allows to Pre to drain slowly while in use. However, if the Sprint Palm Car Charger works the best, I deal with the cord inconvenience to gain the convenience of consistent power while using my Pre in the car with my 2 favorite apps, Pandora and Sprint Nav.

I'd love to hear from all of you who "successfully" use your car charger with Pandora & Sprint Nav at the same time. Please include links and model numbers. Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    I was using the Motorola Quick Charger with the blue circle that lights up. It charges while using both Pandora and Nav. I switched to the Palm Pre Car charger to get the touchstone to work.
    Is this the Motorola one?
    I have the sprint branded one (had to go through 3 before I got one that worked right), and while using Sprint nav and the music app (NOT streaming music), my battery drained.
    It however, did not drain with the screen OFF.
    Sprint (the one with the annoying yellow light ring) works fine with Nav & Pandora. My battery gets charged, not drained.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I use a motorola car charger as well (blue circle on top) and that also charges my touchstone along with charging the phone w/o the touchstone while Pandora/Nav is operational.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I use a motorola car charger as well (blue circle on top) and that also charges my touchstone along with charging the phone w/o the touchstone while Pandora/Nav is operational.
    Please provide the model number and a link where I can purchase it if possible! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I got the sprint one for $10 on ebay, and it worked, but only like every 3 times i plugged in (got annoying). Also ordered a small micro usb cable from monoprice and their white car charger piece with usb insert and that works well most of the time. Used it for pandora/gps/phone access through my auxillary cable which i put in once i got the pre.. It's the perfect combination!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Car Charger and Micro USB Cable from Monoprice.com:

3523 - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black - $0.97

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

5457 - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 3ft - $0.99

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
    Check out my post in the accessories forum. I like the dual usb charger from dealxtreme. Works very well and will charge the pre while it is streaming music (on the touchstone).
    I went with the Sprint specific car charger purchased at the sprint store.
    It will even charge the phone while running the intensive programs Pandora, and Sprint NAV.

Dont go with those cheaper wal-mart usb chargers... it just isnt enough power!

EDIT: Im telling you, dont listen to some of these posters, just spend the little extra money and get the proper charger, it allows for the MAXIMUM electrical charging. youll just be returning that other crap when you realize you might as well just plugged it into your laptop.
    Last edited by NurseNTexas; 07/29/2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: because i just read alot of lame posts
    i have them for sale in the marketplace.

mines work fine
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I have a Palm car charger hooked to a Touchstone in my car. While using Sprint Nav and streaming Pandora, this setup has:

1) Worked perfectly every day for weeks during my 1+ hour commute to and from work daily. Often taking the Pre from a 80% charge to 100% while driving/streaming.

and

2) Beginning 2 weeks ago (when I changed my installation setup), began to fail to maintain the charge, going from 100% to 83% during the exact same commute.

I have 2 outlets in my car. The rear console outlet is very tight and charges perfectly. When I moved my mount & wiring, it was more convenient to use the front outlet. This one is looser and the charge is less effective.

So, in my limited testing... the charger itself doesn't matter, and it's not necessarily about the car either, it's the connection your charger makes with your outlet and possibly the current your car allows to that particular outlet, plus a little luck.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Palm oem charger. Keeps charge at 100% while on TS.

Palm Vehicle Power Charger - Palm Accessories
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I am assuming you are referring to this one, right?

From what I've read and experienced, it seems like the sprint palm car charger works most consistently; however, some people have said their Pre still drains while hooked up to it. It drains slower yes, but it still drains.

Ideally, I'd like a universal USB charger so I don't have to bother with Sprint's long coiled cable and I could use it for multiple devices. So far, every USB car charger (numerous ones found on eBay, Monoprice, etc.) I've tried allows to Pre to drain slowly while in use. However, if the Sprint Palm Car Charger works the best, I deal with the cord inconvenience to gain the convenience of consistent power while using my Pre in the car with my 2 favorite apps, Pandora and Sprint Nav.

I'd love to hear from all of you who "successfully" use your car charger with Pandora & Sprint Nav at the same time. Please include links and model numbers. Thanks!
    I use that exact one on my Honda Goldwing with Pandora and Nav and have never had a problem with it losing ground on the charge.

bj
    The OEM Blackberry car chargers (with a Mini to Micro converter) work great and will charge the Pre even with TeleNAV and/or Pandora running.

Very high quality and very low cost.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast