Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I didn't read the whole thread. But my pre has mysteriously rebooted itself twice in as many weeks. Just happened today 08/29/09.

Seems like it is when I am using the web app. It will just freeze, then the screen gets these weird lines on it, the it will fade to GREEN-PURPLE-then black out and restart.

I don't know if this is the web app or something else. But the web app is laggy as hell in scrolling and I am positive it has a memory leak. It also changes the pictures of the bookmarks. It just changes to a random picture of another bookmark. WTF?

1.1 is a failure and palm needs to fix it ASAP. 1.0.4 was a lot smoother. Can I revert?
    Oh good. Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with the battery. It remains in my pocket all day moving around as I do a lot of walking while working.

When I get home and just set it down either on my desk or on my couch (two most recent occurrences) it shuts off, randomly. It boots back up, so it might just be a reset, but still for no reason.

When it first started happening after 1.1 I thought there might've been another update and the phone did an auto shutoff to apply it. But that wasn't it and now I"m certain there's something wrong and the shut offs are only happening when the pre is stationary on a flat surface. So it can't be the battery.

I've shaken it and pounded the back against my palm and that doesn't cause it to reset. Wish there was some kinda official response to it.

Anyone know if I take it into Sprint because of this issue will they replace it or will I be SoL if I'm over 30 days owned?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfe1 View Post
    Oh good. Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with the battery. It remains in my pocket all day moving around as I do a lot of walking while working.

When I get home and just set it down either on my desk or on my couch (two most recent occurrences) it shuts off, randomly. It boots back up, so it might just be a reset, but still for no reason.

When it first started happening after 1.1 I thought there might've been another update and the phone did an auto shutoff to apply it. But that wasn't it and now I"m certain there's something wrong and the shut offs are only happening when the pre is stationary on a flat surface. So it can't be the battery.

I've shaken it and pounded the back against my palm and that doesn't cause it to reset. Wish there was some kinda official response to it.

Anyone know if I take it into Sprint because of this issue will they replace it or will I be SoL if I'm over 30 days owned?
    This is what I thought as well, I wasn't sure it could be the battery because mine shut off while just sitting by itself, not after closing or jarring it. However that said, after i reported my issue (few posts back) I wedged some paper between the battery and the phone to snug it up. So far since I did that, it hasnt shut off on me (knocking on wood). It's worth a shot to see if it helps yours too, easy to do.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdttu View Post
    Oh, and it wasn't a reset... that's the thing, when this phone dies on me, it doesn't come back on! That's going to SUCK if I don't notice for quite some time...
    I've noticed my phone reboot twice in the past two weeks as it sits on my office desk. I'm not moving it or touching it or anything. And then today, I had it completely shut off and not reboot at all. I ultimately had to take the battery out and then it finally turned on.

I never noticed this before, but that could be because I just got back to work after summer vacation and may be noticing it because it's sitting on my desk next to me at all times. Before it would be sitting somewhere in my house where I wouldn't necessarily notice it rebooting.

EDIT: This is not the battery issue that some are having. I had my battery switched out last month and haven't had one shut down due to the slider being closed too hard since getting the new battery. My issue is what everyone else seems to be having, which is the phone sitting still and then shutting down all by itself.
    Last edited by coachdvc; 09/04/2009 at 08:02 AM.
    hasn't happen to me my pre is almost perfect no software issues
    good luck hopefully palm will solve this with the next update thats suppose to come out soon
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    hasn't happen to me my pre is almost perfect no software issues
    good luck hopefully palm will solve this with the next update thats suppose to come out soon
    So you're thinking it's a software issue? I've read a lot of people saying that. I guess that doesn't bother me that much then bc it will eventually (one would hope) be fixed at some point.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've had the similar issues in the past. It happens randomly too -- once or twice a week to sometimes even within the same day. I'm not sure why I think it started happening after I installed homebrew apps (specially MyTether). A shot in the dark, but has anyone experienced the same?
    I missed this thread. My Pre crahes in the same manner too. The screen fades to black and it restarts.

It really looks the same as it used to shut fown with the slider shudowns, only it restarts.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456