Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    What will getting the phone replaced do if its an issue with the 1.1 update?
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    PALMMMMM!!!! Fix this!!! happened again...and the damn thing takes 2 minutes to boot!

I can't believe a real issue has 40 replies...

But No Notification light has 50 threads and so does Text Forwarding?!?!?!?
    Video record and other BS requests have multiple threads but not this?

Why does no one care about this issue? Is this forum full of trolls?

Is this not happening to anyone else?
    Pre was in my purse (untouched) and it turned off. What if I had to make a 911 call thinking my phone was active? Takes way too long to reboot and I would end up a victim with a dead phone - or should that be the other way around?

Please fix the problem, Palm.
    Add one more - mine started doing this a couple of days ago. Has shut down twice now - completely shuts off. And as we all know, it takes forever for it to boot from a complete shutdown. Hope Palm pushes an update soon...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    We should post this on the palm support forums, and call palm directly. this is a serious issue, im talking need to push out an update in a few days type of issue
    This issue also started for me yesterday. I was driving and looked at the time and all of a sudden the phone turned off. I turned it back on and it shut off on me again in 30 seconds. It was fine most of today, but happened twice in the past 30 minutes. This time it was due to me forcefully closing the phone a few times. I'm going to try and see if I can repeat this again right now.

EDIT: Over the course of the last 15 minutes I've had 3 shut offs. 2 were from the slider (they were immediate when I closed it after repeatedly opening and closing the phone...less than 10 times each though). The third time was random. I placed the phone back into my pocket and noticed when I got to my computer that it had turned off again. Not a good sign.

I think it's hardware related and I'm tempted to wedge something in place to keep the battery secured. Is this something that would allow me to replace the phone per the warranty?
    Last edited by tweak41; 08/09/2009 at 10:50 PM.
    I thought I replied to this thread already, but mine's been randomly shutting off too, and sometimes I don't notice it right away, which is the annoying part.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    there is a thread in palm support. No word from them yet. Everyone go over there and complain to get their attention.
    Did it twice yesterday and once today so far... annoying
    I guess I will add to this chorus...This is happening to me at least a few times every day, some times 5 or more in one day since 1.1. Has anyone at Palm said anything yet?
    There are 6 pages over at the Palm thread. Here's the link:

Palm Pre shutting off randomly - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Community
    I have had shutdowns (with no reboot) just for the last few days. I thought I had some good days after 1.1 so I don't know if I can contribute the shutdowns to the update (but possibly). I linked this thread on the palm support page so hopefully palm gets back to us soon.
    People that have had battery issues, did you have a shutdown with no reboot or a restart (where it boots back up on its own). I want to exchange if it is a hardware issue. If not, I don't want to have to reapply my skin.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre I have shut down yesterday at precisely 7PM and then restarted itself. Being a quiet Sunday evening the Pre had not been physically touched or moved for at least a couple of hours, and was in full view as it shut down and restarted without a sound.

Since the Pre usually lives in it Palm leather side case, I have NO idea if it has silently done this before or not.

Unacceptable.
    OMG, had my first random reboot 2 seconds ago. Phone was alseep on my desk, and sudennly...BAM...reboot.

Had my Pree for 2 months now without any issues until now.

Now I'm going to keep a closer eye on it.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    had my first random reset today as well.

(phone was sitting on a desk, idle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas472 View Post
    The Palm Pre I have shut down yesterday at precisely 7PM and then restarted itself. Being a quiet Sunday evening the Pre had not been physically touched or moved for at least a couple of hours, and was in full view as it shut down and restarted without a sound.

Since the Pre usually lives in it Palm leather side case, I have NO idea if it has silently done this before or not.

Unacceptable.
    Same here. It was just sitting on my desk, I happened to go to grab it and before I even got to it it reset itself. It doesn't appear anything changed or went missing, just a restart.

I did just put the little bit of paper in the battery area to make sure it's in there good....but it makes me worry that it might have happened before.
    OMG...just happened again

count: 2

WTF is going on??!!
    I'm BACK!!!
    ##377# not showing anything.

Any suggestions for investigating what's causing this?
    I'm BACK!!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    My first Pre was flawless and then after 2 months the power switch stopped working. Went to Sprint and they replaced it on the spot(I have the insurance). Since this 2nd Pre was obtained on Aug 8, I presumed it already had 1.1 installed. So I used it for several days and all was good. Then I got curious about updates and sure enough - it didn't have 1.1 - so I did the update. Within hours it started randomly shutting off. It doesn't look like a reset to me, it looks like it is just powering off. I have to hold the power button for power up to get it back on, and then wait for the painful boot process.

Very frustrating and could cause serious business frustrations.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    EDIT - BTW - I checked out the Palm thread and this 2nd Pre battery does have the solid retainers that are alleged to correct the problem - so now I am testing the engineered precision tension alignment adjustment feature(folded index card).
    ugh! happened to me four times last two nights. i hate complaining, since i all i do is boast about my pre to my iPhone friends. But this is ridiculous.

The last time it died, the phone went completely dead. meaning the phone didnt even reboot. i had to keep on reseating the battery till it finally rebooted. i hope this is fixed soon. it seems to be getting worse than getting better.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast