Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davejm74 View Post
    No you're not missing anything. Even with "My Tether" and the new Web OS Quick Install, you still need to root the pre the first time.
    Actually, you won't need to, I'll be writing a guide later today on how to install MyTether, MyFlashlight, and Terminal with WebOS Quick Install later today
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Actually, you won't need to, I'll be writing a guide later today on how to install MyTether, MyFlashlight, and Terminal with WebOS Quick Install later today
    Thank you.
    That would be great Jason.

Love your quick installer BTW !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Good to hear Jason
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Thanks Jason. Where will this guide be posted?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I hope its simple enough for me to do im scared to start hacking up my phone
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    JASON is the man!!!!!!!!!! patiently waiting the post.. thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by thedecline View Post
    there is an app in the homebrew app section that will let you do this it came out yesterday
    Which app?

- Craig
    subscribing to this thread while awaiting the guide....
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    subscribing to this thread while awaiting the guide....
    +1
  11.    #31  
    Sent the donation last night and installed it just a bit ago. If I can figure it out then anyone can. With that said mytether should have a step by step sticky. Kinda like the sticky the have in the home brew section of this forum. One that has a link to all the down loads etc. Not that its hard to figure out but it would be nice to have a step 1, step 2 etc.... GREAT program and well worth the $10.
    oho snap im in line 2. u da man
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I'm gonna postpone my guide on how to install non-standard apps til tomorrow (for various personal reasons).
    fyi
    Just made a donation. Can't wait to try this out!
    I spent 5 hours reading and trying before I figured out how to get the non-root version of MyTether working.

It is actually fairly simple and should be able to be done in 15 minutes. I wrote out all the steps so that i think anyone can understand what to do and posted it in the Donor's only section at mytether.net. Not sure I did all the steps right, but it sure works great and I instantly had two computers connected and browsing over WiFi

Update: Aonic made my Step-by-step post sticky and added a little correction!
    Last edited by tommyt26; 07/31/2009 at 09:20 AM.
    thanks tommy. Il check it out. I wish I didnt have to $10, but if it works (for at lest a few months) then its well worth it!
    i wish there was a way to test this out first before having to shell out $10. Would actually be worth paying $20 for it if it worked on mine. Just dont want to experiment with $10. Call me cheap but that's my main hesitation about this. I really hope John still comes up with that guide.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Maybe I missed it, but has this guide been written?
    Subscribing to this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Signed up this morning and (after downloading everythingl) in about 10 minutes I got my Macbook Pro and even my old iPhone (no service) to use the Pre 3G. On the iPhone then Google Maps found my location, I was able to browse the app store and even streamed Gameday Audio through MLB.app. Amazing!

I don't expect this hack to work forever but I'm going on a trip and for $10 then it's awesome. (I do admit that I'm scared to use it because I don't want some crazy charge from Sprint for tethering though. Anyone have experience with how Sprint catches/bills us?)
    sprint cant charge u for tethering bc ur on a SE plan which is unlimited data...unless u misuse and download huge files then they might do something...but they dont charge bc there's no plans for the pre tethering
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast