4. Go to the Apple store and imagine you have 3K to spend on a computer
    5. Go to Starbucks with your IPhone and order a latte
    6. Join Palm Pre forums and make up stories about your imaginary Pre
    7. Go to work and proudly display your IPhone for all to see
    8. Profess your love for Apple and attempt to marry your IPhone
    9. Stress out that you can't multi-task
    10. Profess your love for Apple and attempt to marry your IPhone
    LOL!!

Minor update, "3 & 7. Go to work [at Starbucks] and proudly display your IPhone for all to see"
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    here a few things i have looked out for from my readings here...luckily, no issues so far... try to hit these in store, if possible, or at least within the 30 day period:

- check for any 'significant' oreo-like slider issues
    - check for dead/stuck pixels
    - make some calls and make sure they don't constantly drop
    - is the phone getting VERY hot from normal use?
    - check that the wifi connection is ok
    - check at the bt connection is ok
    - do you notice the signal fluctuating like crazy even when still?
    - is the slider rubbing and scratching the bottom of the keypad?
    - does the center button look very recessed when compared to others?
    - is the screen responsive to your taps
    - make sure the phone restarts ok and doesn't hang
    - does the phone accept the charge when plugged in
    - does the phone accept the usb connection when plugged in
    - run the 'interactive' and 'quick tests' to ensure no issues
    - run the updates to make sure you have the latest version of the o/s
    - get a screen protector and/or case for it asap
    - enjoy your phone

good luck
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    1. Put on a screen protector (Phantom Skinz FTW)
    2. Rearrange you launcher icons to more of your liking
    3. Turn off Auto-Locate (battery saver)
    4. Turn off GPS (another battery saver)
    5. Sync all your accounts to calendar, contacts, and email
    6. Change your wallpaper
    7. Gain linux access
    8. Turn on Wi-Fi (only for those with a wireless connection, also a battery saver)
    9. Download/try every app in the App Catalog at least once
    10. Take a couple pics to show off the camera
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Fail???????
    Yeah? Hanh? Really? Really? Really? like... Really?

Seriously? Epic ... epic fail?

Really? like........

REALLY?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Yeah? Hanh? Really? Really? Really? like... Really?

Seriously? Epic ... epic fail?

Really? like........

REALLY?!?
    You know, I don't think the Pre is perfect. I've had two with identical signal quality issues. It's definitely the device, because my Treo 800w, my Centro, and my BB 8330 all have at least 2 bars more at home than my Pre. Nevertheless, I don't intentionally post on these forums just to bash the Pre. I think overall it is a great device with even greater potential. If you don't like it so much, why in the heck do you hang out here? I just don't understand this sort of thinking. Maybe jealous because you haven't been able to purchase a Pre yet?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Make sure you don't have any enthusiasm when you show it to other people with non-Pre phones because they will feel inadequate and will probably accuse you of trying to bully them with a sales pitch. Even though really you're just showing them a quarter of the features that are your favorites.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post

Or you could be honest and say:

1. Note the Palm Pre has been released
    2. Post about how much you love your IPhone everywhere possible
    3. Go to work and proudly display your IPhone for all to see
    I actually dislike Apple. I do have an iPod (not a touch), but I don't even use it anymore. See, the thing about people who come on here and make jokes is that they are NOT ALL APPLE FANBOYS. I love my Pre, and am enjoying it more and more every day. Now, if you will notice, I posted a second legitimate list. If you want to ignore it, feel free. Those were the actual steps I took after getting my Pre (except that I also applied an Invisible Shield). However, it is true that many people on this forum are complaining about certain defects, and returning their phone for this reason. I was trying to make a mockery of just such a situation. Sadly, I have now found that when I close my slider, my phone shuts off. Apparently I've even made a mockery of myself....oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think this is a prime example of how silly the "troll hunter" complaint is. Are you really insinuating that this guy's post, where he immediately answered the that top 10 things a persons should do with their Pre is return it 10 times, was an attempt at constructive critcism? Really?
    Sense of humor.

Get one.

[QUOTE=aznicktwit;1788413]
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post

Or you could be honest and say:

1. Note the Palm Pre has been released
    2. Post about how much you love your IPhone everywhere possible
    3. Go to work and proudly display your IPhone for all to see
    Oh please...You people are pathetic!
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=jodoan1;1788655]
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post

LOL!!

Minor update, "3 & 7. Go to work [at Starbucks] and proudly display your IPhone for all to see"
    thats funny,
    make sure no coffee is spilled on the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    If you don't like it so much, why in the heck do you hang out here? I just don't understand this sort of thinking. Maybe jealous because you haven't been able to purchase a Pre yet?
    From http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/ :
    Look this is typical. You start with a flamebait post where you indirectly insult "some" apple users and now when people react you attempt to engage them into a flamewar.

Mal, you`re not fooling anybody. You`re the one creating the problems here. Why are you feigning this indignance when it was YOU who is initiating everything? How much more disingenious can a person get?

How obnoxious.
    Let's all take a step back here folks. Does it not appear that the ones who are angriest with the iphone and most intent on instigating here are the windows crowd?

Regarding letting.... it.... go. Why haven't you taken your own advice? Seems all you guys do here is bash the iphone ALL day long and you talk about not being able to let... it... go?

Now the n-word comment? You just keep hanging yourself the more you talk.

This is priceless. Apple's arrogance has absolutely nothing on the windoze drones here.
    All speculation. There will always be some, as with ANY new phone, who will express disappointment with this or that, but nevertheless, the iphone will be an outstanding success. No phone pleases everybody, as you know, so naturally there will be some detractors as well as proponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj
    I think it is funny that the iPhone fanboys among us that this thread and people who participate in any criticism to mean that we don't think there is anything good about the iPhone. " 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one) doesn't mean there aren't 10 things that are absolutely wonderful. Maybe I'll start another thread...
    So no pro-apple posts are allowed in an iphone bashing thread? This is getting even better.
    From PreCentral.net

I must REALLY be getting under your skin for you to keep trying to say I'm posting in some iphone blog. For all we know that's YOU posting there!!!!

I don't think you can stand to hear anyone undermining your little status toy, so you come up with little lies like this to try to combat what you view as an affront to you and your little toy.

I see liars here who don't know they are liars... Something like THAT.

Liar = Troll.
    But yeah, like they say; everybody here is legit, right?
    That does seem to say it all GMoney749!

Seriously though, I own the iPod Touch, and I can tell you that while I like the device and have no complaints about it (for the most part), I wouldn't have it as my phone. I DO NOT like the onscreen keyboard nearly as much as a hardware keyboard. Yet I'm not going to have around all day long on the iPhone blogs bashing people and the product. What a colossal waste of time. Oh well, to each his own I suppose...
    Buy & install Case And screen protector

Install Filecoaster.
    Bookmark Favorites
    Setup twitter account
    Set up Google Calendar

Buy & install extended Battery
    Guess I find it hard to believe someone has taken their phone back 10 times yet I haven't had a single problem with mine. Yeah the batter life sucks, yeah it suck that there are no apps, I have other minor annoyances however overall I love the phone.
    LOL! I thought the original post was meant to be humorous. It's the follow-ups that are hilarious as well.

Thx for the smile.
    1. Root
    2. Setup winScp
    3. Get homebrews
    4. Change dial pad
    5. Webdr(seriously make backups)
    6. Surf the web
    7. Watch a movie
    8. Reply to threads on Precentral
    9. Webdr it again....clean starts are nice
    10. Show off severed head Voicemail Icon, and convince iphone fanboys @ work that the pre is 4g....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Just finshed out 30 review of the Pre (nine in service). All users have been following Pre Central for issues. As one user said we have a either a perfect 9 or the bloggers are causing their own problems. No cracked screens, no slider problem. One user tried to put 32 megs of music on his Pre and locked it up and had to be replaced. The other was a water issue. This form is good information, but I would never use it for as a go or no go for a purchase of a Pre or any other phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAustin View Post
    1. Take it back and exchange it due to a defect.
    2. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    3. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    4. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    5. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    6. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    7. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    8. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    9. Take it back and exchange it again due to a defect.
    10. Take it back and exchange it AGAIN due to a defect.

Sorry to be so blatantly harsh...that's just my nature.
    Seems pretty common with you iPhone fan boys. Aren't you happier with your own kind anyway?
    CDAustin is just someone who wants the Pre to be reliable device.

There are no alternative phones to consider, even now in 2009 the situation with smartphones is abysmal. I want the Pre to just work and bugs fixed ASAP. I'm having too many issues with it, almost ordered my 6th Pre today after the keyboard stopped working (battery pull soft reset fixed it). But I already developed a pavlovian response to Pre problems: I jump in the car and drive to the Sprint store.

Maybe some of it is luck, but I think heavy usage also has to do with it. The people here who are way too forgiving about problems must be casual users.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    CDAustin is just someone who wants the Pre to be reliable device.

There are no alternative phones to consider, even now in 2009 the situation with smartphones is abysmal. I want the Pre to just work and bugs fixed ASAP. I'm having too many issues with it, almost ordered my 6th Pre today after the keyboard stopped working (battery pull soft reset fixed it). But I already developed a pavlovian response to Pre problems: I jump in the car and drive to the Sprint store.

Maybe some of it is luck, but I think heavy usage also has to do with it. The people here who are way too forgiving about problems must be casual users.
    Since this post has nothing to do with the OP, and is just another example of "poor me my Pre sucks", I'll respond in a similar vein, and say you really should give up, and get the best phone out there that you can find that is bug-free enough for you.

There is no way I would settle for the having to return a device for the 5th time. I'm so glad my first Pre worked very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Since this post has nothing to do with the OP, and is just another example of "poor me my Pre sucks", I'll respond in a similar vein, and say you really should give up, and get the best phone out there that you can find that is bug-free enough for you.

There is no way I would settle for the having to return a device for the 5th time. I'm so glad my first Pre worked very well.
    I already have a G1, which has been extremely reliable. It's a good phone and Android is cool, but it has very limited memory and slow processor and I prefer Palm's way of thinking about how these devices should work.

It's a problem of execution. Do you understand the difference?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast