Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I want to say that Google Voice would solve all your privacy problems. Block individual callers, make them hear a "Not in service" tone if they call. Control who calls when, never give out your real number ... only your Google Voice number. When you call and txt, it shows your Google voice number, not your real number ...

Just a thought ...
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    I want to say that Google Voice would solve all your privacy problems. Block individual callers, make them hear a "Not in service" tone if they call. Control who calls when, never give out your real number ... only your Google Voice number. When you call and txt, it shows your Google voice number, not your real number ...

Just a thought ...
    It's still a breadcrumb back to me. I don't want to leave an obfuscated number, I want to leave NO number. =)

Besides, *82 has been around a LOT longer than Google, and will be around when Google isn't (standards-wise).
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    True true, I remember using *82 when I got my first phone, ohh how wonderful it was
    Well, I was hoping this would be resovled by now after 1.4, but I see no change. If I try to text to a *82 number, I get an error message from Sprint. *sigh*. I posted over in the Palm forum and noted that case number. I have a feeling we'll be stuck w/ this annoyance.

I know we have workarounds, but if I want to add a new number and deal w/ the *82 stuff, I'm testing forever to make sure things work the way I want, and it can quickly annoy the other person.
    Well, 10 months later and STILL no fix! Thanks, Palm!

Palm tech support supervisors supposedly put in requests to an engineer on a couple of occasions to figure this out and call me back. As expected, never heard anything.

Perhaps if others with this issue use Palm's tech support chat to complain, we might get someone to pay some attention: kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/43473_en.html

Also, perhaps Dark Treo should remove the word "Fixed:" from the topic title so that when these supposed engineers come across this topic they don't just think "oh someone has already fixed it, I'll go back to trying to find a way to make the pre do backflips, instead of coding this very simple fix that I could do in my sleep and solve this headache for so many of our customers".
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12