1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I just got my Palm Pre a few days ago and man am I happy with this phone. I've spent a lot of time with the iPhone and I do think that it is a cool device. However, I think web os blows away the iPhone. Everyone in my office stops to see my new gadget (even iPhone users) and they all comment on how cool it is. I have to agree. Everything from multitasking to auto sync with my Gmail and Google calendar is just soo great. Of course there are always a few downsides to anything, battery life isn't the greatest (although, while I'm at work I connect to our wifi and the battery DOESN'T drain nearly as fast) and there is a little play between the screen and the keyboard. I have to say that these are very very small issues and do not take away from my Pre joy. I'm excited to see what Palm will add in future OS updates. Some people have complained about the keyboard being too small, I'm a guitar player and have very very large hands and I can type very accurately with the Pre's keyboard. Bottom line is that the Pre is the coolest phone I've ever had, I love the gesture based interaction the speed of the Sprint 3G network. I would certainly suggest the Pre to friends and family.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Welcome to the boards and congrats on your purchase. Now do some homebrewing and get some apps on your phone...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Welcome to the boards and congrats on your purchase. Now do some homebrewing and get some apps on your phone...
    Any suggestions as to a good place to get HB apps? I'm not really that concerned about apps right now, as long as my Gmail and Google calendar keep syncing like a champ I'll be happy. I really haven't used many apps at all, maybe Pandora every once in a while, oh and YouTube.

Thanks