1.    #1  
    This one is not a joke, I just walked out of the Best Buy in Hialeah (spelling?) Florida (near Miami) with their price match for $139.99. I originally went in for the $99 since the 888-BESTBUY told me it was up to individual store managers on whether or not to honor the price. This one wouldn't honor it, but they had the Pre's on special for $139.99 anyways.

This is completely legit! Here's a pic of the receipt proving I had the price match done.

Again, this is the Best Buy in Hialeah, FL (W 20th Ave).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lucky find...good job!!!
  3.    #3  
    Eh, I posted about it not to boast about my findings, but in hopes that other people in the area that I purchased this would see this thread and know they could get a good deal.

But thanks for the "Good job!" anyways!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefickus View Post
    This one is not a joke, I just walked out of the Best Buy in Hialeah (spelling?) Florida (near Miami) with their price match for $139.99. I originally went in for the $99 since the 888-BESTBUY told me it was up to individual store managers on whether or not to honor the price. This one wouldn't honor it, but they had the Pre's on special for $139.99 anyways.

This is completely legit! Here's a pic of the receipt proving I had the price match done.

Again, this is the Best Buy in Hialeah, FL (W 20th Ave).
    I'm confused. It shows them charging you only $64.20. Was that a VISA credit and you had another receipt for the original $199 charge?
    The $64 is the credit back to his card for the difference. The price match refunds the original price (199+tax) and 'charges' the new price (139+tax), with the remainder refunded back to the credit card (60 + tax)
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    There's a Spring $70 2 yr contact credit if you ask for it, so I wonder if they're just getting it and passing it on.
  7.    #7  
    Wait, what is this $70 credit you speak of?
    I was one of the few lucky enough to get it for $99. If this is the new price, that's still pretty good!
    Are you saying that Best Buy had the $139 special or that another store had it and Best Buy price matched it?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefickus View Post
    Wait, what is this $70 credit you speak of?
    Call or email CS and ask about a $70 customer loyalty credit, if you're eligible to upgrade and are in good standing. It'll be added to the account if you upgrade.

I managed to get it 3 times. Don't ask. You may need to call if you email and they say it's a one time deal and per account; it's actually one time, but for each line on your account. I called and they added it instantly, prior ro me upgrading.

If you already upgraded, you may be out of luck, especially if it's through BB and that money has been allocated already.
    You bought a Pre for $200, returned it for $200 and bought another for $140. Therefore you get a $60 credit back onto your card.

Fyi, good job leaving the last part of your credit card on there.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Yes, I'm quite sure that out of the millions of Visa cards, there is only one with those last 4 digits.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Call or email CS and ask about a $70 customer loyalty credit, if you're eligible to upgrade and are in good standing. It'll be added to the account if you upgrade.

I managed to get it 3 times. Don't ask. You may need to call if you email and they say it's a one time deal and per account; it's actually one time, but for each line on your account. I called and they added it instantly, prior ro me upgrading.

If you already upgraded, you may be out of luck, especially if it's through BB and that money has been allocated already.
    What I did was I got a 2nd line, and got that line with the new 2-year agreement with the Pre. I then did a flip-flop of my phones to put my Pre on my main line, and an older phone on the 2nd line for a family member to use. Not sure if that'd qualify or not. But even if that was done through Best Buy, explain how it's a $60 difference in price, and not $70?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    If I felt it wasn't safe to have posted the receipt as is in the original post, I would have editted it. I left it as-is to help prove it wasn't fake. And, as someone else said, I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world that has those last 4 digits on a Visa.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post

And one would get this on top of the special price (new buyer price -$199 after rebate) for the Pre if you're an existing customer who simply has an expired contract and hasn't upgraded their phone in 2 years? And if you do it before you upgrade how do they know you will upgrade? Or do you do the entire upgrade over the phone with Sprint? Or is this only for BB?
    I get my upgrade on august 1st. I sent them an email to see if they could help me out.
    LG PM225 (Water Damage) > Palm 650p (Stolen) > LG Rumor (White Screen of Death) > Palm 600p (Died) > Samsung Instinct (HORRIBLE and somewhat defective software wise...) > Palm Pre!