Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    if they were in-ear i would be giving them praises. I love them still.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I like the Pre headphones for a few reasons, but they aren't the best things in the world. I've used the included headphones in the PSP, iPod, and now the Pre, and must say, I like the Pre ones best. They are soft enough not to cause severe pain (like the PSP headphones did to me), plus they have the built in mic. iPod headphones are just about as good, but I'm not a fan of the flashy white.
    I've never even tried them. I expected them to be terrible, plus I just don't like that type of earbud.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAustin View Post
    I like the Pre headphones for a few reasons, but they aren't the best things in the world. I've used the included headphones in the PSP, iPod, and now the Pre, and must say, I like the Pre ones best. They are soft enough not to cause severe pain (like the PSP headphones did to me), plus they have the built in mic. iPod headphones are just about as good, but I'm not a fan of the flashy white.
    I prefer the black, as well. It can be low-key.

Anyway, the magnetic thing is the shiz.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Anyway, the magnetic thing is the shiz.
    Haha, yea, forgot about that one. Just stick them together and set them on your desk. Instant speakers.

That is, unless you want to be able to hear them over other noise, in which case you'd better just forget it. Still if you're sitting at home, browsing (or trolling) the forums all by your lonesome, they'rrrrre great. (Really, did I just say lonesome...and make a Frosted Flakes joke...?),
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    you see u learn new stuff only on these forums!

You can skip a song by pushing that button in middle of "rope" or whatever u call it twice. Once to pause, very nice feature for when u have the screen off
    Nice thanks, I just dropped my f%"='n Pre... Thank God for ghost armor
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    I love the fact that you can skip songs with it and have a mic on it, but goddamn the headphones themselves are the actual worst things ever. So frustrating because it coulda been so sweet. It always hurts my ears when i use it, not a comfortable fit at all.
    ditto
    2 out of 10 for comfort
    8 out of 10 for sound
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    They don't feel like they are fitting correctly, but they have never fallen out on me either.

Sound quality is very good, IMO, but the only phones I've hooked up to the Pre that sound bad are my Bose in-ear ones-- way too much bass.
    I think they are great. Wish I'd known they were in the box before I bought that 80 dollar bluetooth headset. Oh well. They're great while working out. They don't sound like my bose, but hey, not many do.
    I didn't like that they didn't fit perfectly in my ears, and would always fall out if I tried running with them.

The sound was good for headphones of that quality and price (free, anyone?). I liked the bass on them and they sounded better with my Pre than any other headphones I've tried; not that I've given any high-end headphones a shot as of yet.

Loved that it had the mic. In the middle of listening to music I could just click it and talk away. Not to mention that I've always thought the voice speaker during phone calls wasn't great, especially for noisy environments.

Loved that I could skip songs by clicking the mic. Unlocking the phone in the middle of a run (and I have a pin set on mine) was a pain in the ***.

But all these are moot points, as my mother accidentally threw the headphones away.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    sound is pretty good but I've noticed that most other ear buds I plug into the Pre are almost useless. really be nice if the Pre had a way to boost its output volume. **** is way too quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Never even opened the package they came in. I don't think I ever used headphones that came with anything. They always suck...
    same here. i don't even know where they are. didn't think about them til yesterday when my good ones shorted out and i misplaced my backups.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    I didn't like that they didn't fit perfectly in my ears, and would always fall out if I tried running with them.

The sound was good for headphones of that quality and price (free, anyone?). I liked the bass on them and they sounded better with my Pre than any other headphones I've tried; not that I've given any high-end headphones a shot as of yet.

Loved that it had the mic. In the middle of listening to music I could just click it and talk away. Not to mention that I've always thought the voice speaker during phone calls wasn't great, especially for noisy environments.

Loved that I could skip songs by clicking the mic. Unlocking the phone in the middle of a run (and I have a pin set on mine) was a pain in the ***.

But all these are moot points, as my mother accidentally threw the headphones away.
    This may not be what you were looking for, but Amazon sell's the Pre's Head-phones if your interested.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Palm Pre Stereo Headset
    The earbuds are abysmal. They suck horribly. The sound quality blows - frequency response is all over the place, bass sucks, and as usual with cheap headphones, there's too much treble.

Also, the earbuds are bare and don't stick in ears too well (at least in mine). Get a pair of Sennheiser CX300's Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black): Electronics

Best $23 you'll spend on accessories for your Pre.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    The earbuds are abysmal. They suck horribly. The sound quality blows - frequency response is all over the place, bass sucks, and as usual with cheap headphones, there's too much treble.

Also, the earbuds are bare and don't stick in ears too well (at least in mine). Get a pair of Sennheiser CX300's Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black): Electronics

Best $23 you'll spend on accessories for your Pre.
    +1. Those are the ones I have. The stay in for any activity and have good bass. I got all my friends rocking these now. Better than the Bose in-ears IMO.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I like them well enough until I get BT. Mainly would like BT for voice control. If Pre came with that for free, would just stick to the free ones.
    Has anyone tried these mic adapters?

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-h...11A75A2929.htm

So you can use your own headphones but still have the mic and button.
    I didn't realize how good they were until I ordered a set of Iharmonix Platinum I-Series stereo earphones for 60.00! and returned them...they were without doubt the worst I ever heard...I also bought another generic set for 40.00 and they actually sounded better than the highly regarded Iharmonix...but not better than palms set. So until I find some better ones I will use the ones that came with the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    I didn't realize how good they were until I ordered a set of Iharmonix Platinum I-Series stereo earphones for 60.00! and returned them...they were without doubt the worst I ever heard...I also bought another generic set for 40.00 and they actually sounded better than the highly regarded Iharmonix...but not better than palms set. So until I find some better ones I will use the ones that came with the pre.
    Never heard of Iharmonix, they're probably generic also. Do yourself a favor and get those. The difference is night and day.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Never heard of Iharmonix, they're probably generic also. Do yourself a favor and get those. The difference is night and day.
    are those going to be loud enough? the volume on the Pre is so poor...I've noticed most other headphones I've connected to it are too quiet to be worthwhile.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast