1.    #1  
    I bought my wife's Pre using our spare cell as it had the rebate eligibility and her line did not. I figured I just swap her & spare once the rebate goes though so she can use the Pre permanently as her phone.

I checked my rebate status today and it says "Approved" and is waiting for final processing. Am I safe to swap lines on her account without having the rebate rejected? She's fallen in love with the Pre during the rebate process and want's to use it full-time as her primary device.
    If you're over thirty days on the line you activated your Pre, you can switch.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    If you're over thirty days on the line you activated your Pre, you can switch.
    Great!! Have to check the acticvation date somehow...
    kthnxbai
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Great!! Have to check the acticvation date somehow...
    kthnxbai
    when did you buy it? if your not sure just call *2 and ask when the Pre was activated on your line.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    when did you buy it?
    Can't remember...might have been 2 or 3 weeks post launch. I know I got mine 7 days after launch...had to order both...
    lol... I believe it's safe to switch. I don't know if I was lucky or not, but I bought the Palm Pre on launch day, and switched the Palm Pre to another line on the account same day through Customer Service. When I filled out the rebate, I put the phone number of the Palm Pre I switched it to on the rebate form with the copy of my phone receipt, and everything went perfectly fine and I've already received my rebate. ;-).
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I got screwed. Sprint store took care of my rebate and I ended up porting my verizon number to sprint the next day. Obviously that line was not active anymore hence no rebate. But I haven't given up yet and i'll keep bugging them till they give me my rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by amigos View Post
    I got screwed. Sprint store took care of my rebate and I ended up porting my verizon number to sprint the next day. Obviously that line was not active anymore hence no rebate. But I haven't given up yet and i'll keep bugging them till they give me my rebate.
    That sucks! Yea, definitely keep bugging. Sprint frustrates me at times..
    Sanyo Katana***Blackberry Curve 8330***HTC Touch Diamond***Palm Pre!
    Evo 4G

"In order to change, you have to go through some changes."
    Quote Originally Posted by amigos View Post
    we had same problem, so we called sprint, explained what happened & they took care of it.
    The rebate for that line has been approved & just waiting for it to be mailed.
    I switched an hour after I got the phone and I was ok. got my rebate last week.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    I switched an hour after I got the phone and I was ok. got my rebate last week.
    Did you get your Pre on launch day? If so then I'm only a week out for mine and two weeks (or so) for my wife's...