1.    #1  
    When you place the Palm Pre on the touchstone charging dock and have the headphones plug in try making a call....

What happens is that the Pre will route the call through the headphones however keep the microphone on the Pre and on the headphones enabled.

I did exactly this and hear a LOUD... and I mean LOUD screeching in the headphones, If I pull the headphones away from the pre and keep them connected while on the touchstone it sounds like a microphone is too close to a speaker, the screech gradually gets louder.

The second you remove the Pre from the touchstone the headphones work with no issues...

Anyone else know how to get headphones working while on the touchstone?
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

2.    #2  
    Now it works... this phone is so buggy sometimes!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    TITLE:
    Pre ate my cat after 1.1.0 update!!!!

REPLY:
    Nevermind, the cat was outside.

REPLY:
    That's why I returned mine and went and got an iPhone

REPLY:
    We need a FANBOY sub-forum

Sorry about your cat.

REPLY:
    Did you even test before feeding your cat? iPhone will do the same thing if you use a Nintendo charger in a tree.

<2 years later>
    REPLY:
    FNG and first post, glad to find this great forum. I have a question about my Pre. The guy on eBay said could jump start my car with the extended battery and Palm charger/jumper cable but the cable isn't long enough.

Anyone else have this problem. Oh, and he neglected to tell me the keyboard wasn't included. Can I get a new one? BT maybe?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Sorry, I just had a moment of humor.

Hope your cat gets better.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=JKTex;1786347]
    FNG and first post, glad to find this great forum. I have a question about my Pre. The guy on eBay said could jump start my car with the extended battery and Palm charger/jumper cable but the cable isn't long enough.
    QUOTE]

Heard Seidio is working on compatible cables that will integrate with the touchstone that you can double as jumper cables
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I have had issues with my pre and the headphones. At one point it would only work with the headphones but before I could take it in it went back to normal.
    I returned my second pre because it stopped playing sounds through anything but the speaker.

The phone app seems to be buggy with the headphone jack. I use it in my car stereo aux port, sometimes the calls work and sometimes they do not.
    Headphones have magnets in them. The touchstone also has a magnet. When you put headphones next to something that produces magnetic interference, this stuff happens. It happens with most phones, mics, whatever that you put next to a speaker. Try it out sometime, you'll be amazed at how Palm is not responsible for your problem.