Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    A lot of people have stated that OS 1.1.0 has increased the snapiness of the phone - I feel the opposite. Swiping between the app screens is extremely slow and laggy, many times not responding when I swipe from left to right. Moving up and down on the screens is laggy as well, sometimes stuttering or not responding when I try try to move up and down. When I try to move up and down through my text messages, many times it will stutter, or not even respond at all, causing me to have to issue the swipe up gesture 2 or 3 times before it moves.

I have soft rebooted the phone before, so that's no the issue. In fact, I often shut off the phone when I plug it in to charge, as I feel the charge holds longer that way.

Regardless, something is really slowing down my phone, and I have not made any changes recently.

As a side note, I'm also noticing it heat up more after 1.1.0.
    No more heat here but it does seem a little laggy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    A lot of people have stated that OS 1.1.0 has increased the snapiness of the phone - I feel the opposite. Swiping between the app screens is extremely slow and laggy, many times not responding when I swipe from left to right. Moving up and down on the screens is laggy as well, sometimes stuttering or not responding when I try try to move up and down. When I try to move up and down through my text messages, many times it will stutter, or not even respond at all, causing me to have to issue the swipe up gesture 2 or 3 times before it moves.

I have soft rebooted the phone before, so that's no the issue. In fact, I often shut off the phone when I plug it in to charge, as I feel the charge holds longer that way.

Regardless, something is really slowing down my phone, and I have not made any changes recently.

As a side note, I'm also noticing it heat up more after 1.1.0.
    Do you have any homebrew applications installed or hacks... If so it may be the applications causing this problem.

I had two programs that ended up causing problems on my pre.

1. Terminal - Even when this program wasnt running it would cause my pre to lock up and freeze. If i uninstalled it the problem went away.

2. Show battery percent - this add-on gave me all sorts of weird laggy issues. It would take almost 30 seconds after i click on a program until it opens. my phone would get really hot and run sssslllloooowww!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Mines been more laggy recently. Added heat too.

No hacks/rooting/anything else that isn't 100% standard.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Yep, this is one of the common complaints about the 1.1.0 update.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Yea, I have no hacks or homebrew installed. It's pretty much the vanilla phone, with Tweed, Pandora and Mobile by Citysearch installed. I also have GPS/bluetooth/wifi off, although that shouldn't really matter.

One of the most annoying things for me is in the actual phone itself, it will lag when dialing, and I will hit the dial button, then hit it again (thinking it didn't register) and it will hang up the call).
    Having lag here too after 1.1. Especially when it comes to notifications and receiving calls.
    same here i thought it was just me, ever since the update it lags alot.
    Post v1.1, I have noticed some lagginess as though something else was executing causing the Pre to slow down.
    Yup mine is laggy too dont understand why.
    Mine is noticably laggier. Not horrible, but it's not as snappy as it used to be prior to 1.1
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Mine was the day after updating to 1.1...

Used webdoctor to go back to 1.0.0 and then reinstalled the update... then I added back all my homebrew etc and phone's back to kickin ***
    Agreed. Mine has been noticeably laggier than previous. Especially noticeable with the mail app and notifications. You will hear the notification sound and then see the actual notification begin to show up almost like it fades in instead of just appearing.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Same here...yet another aspect of the pre I have to deal with.
    Yup, same here.
    It has definitely been laggy lately, although I can't say with 100% certainty that it's post-update for me.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Do you have any homebrew applications installed or hacks... If so it may be the applications causing this problem.

I had two programs that ended up causing problems on my pre.

1. Terminal - Even when this program wasnt running it would cause my pre to lock up and freeze. If i uninstalled it the problem went away.

2. Show battery percent - this add-on gave me all sorts of weird laggy issues. It would take almost 30 seconds after i click on a program until it opens. my phone would get really hot and run sssslllloooowww!
    Mine has been about the same... There are times I have to soft boot, but honestly I believe it it's the brewed app's I've put on my phone.

I say this because, I deleted a few of 'em and wa'lah faster Pre.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I was trying to show someone my pre but it kept lagging and took forever to open programs. Plus they had an iPhone so it just gave them another excuse to bash my pre.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ditto - pressing the main button to get into card view is sometimes way laggy.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Yea, definitely noticing the notification lag. I will hear the alert noise, then a second or two later I will see a notification that I got a text then, even if I have the text message app open, a second or two later the text will actually show up.

Very strange.
    Absolutely.

Text msg notification sound - 2-3 seconds before the text shows even with being in the text app with the screen on that person.

Phone app - press dial - nothing happens. Press again, by that time the original press starts dialing, then your second press hangs up the phone.

Same thing when dialing from the recent calls list.

Recent/missed calls list still horrible scrolling - been that way since day 1 though. I have no understanding of why the scrolling on that is so jerky, yet in text msgs or anything else it is smooth.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast