Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    For starters, my battery has been great since i got my Pre... Up until today, and it may be a fluke, but i'm somewhat worried.....

Every day I come into work (in a hospital) and flip my phone over to airplane mode. When I go out to lunch, or leave at the end of the day I flip it back into regular mode. Usually when I leave the hospital, I still have like 90+ percent of the battery left.

Today though, out of the blue I check my phone at lunch (early lunch at that) and i'm down to 55%.

Thats with no wifi, bluetooth etc... no signal. Airplane mode.

Hopefully this is a fluke, but it's got me worried a bit. Anyone else see something like this at random?
    Did you, by some chance, turn on or configure the AIM messenger client in the "messaging" area? For whatever reason there's an aspect of that app that must "poll" the wireless/cell signal more than average, causing battery depletion, at least in my observation.

Only thing else I can think of is perhaps your nearest cell tower isn't as strong, and the phone is working harder to maintain connectivity.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    No, i don't use AIM at all... not configured.

Also, as mentioned above the phone is in airplane mode. Absolutely no connectivity. No cards running either. It's weird.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The same thing happened to me yesterday! I noticed that I had poor signal so I turned airplane mode on. Went into a meeting and took care of some things. 4 Hours later my battery had dropped a similar 30%. No cards, same situation as you. What could that possibly be??
    Quote Originally Posted by Theutus View Post
    No, i don't use AIM at all... not configured.

Also, as mentioned above the phone is in airplane mode. Absolutely no connectivity. No cards running either. It's weird.
    Honestly I would try a soft reset (restart phone) and try it again the next day and see if it does it again. If it does, then you can narrow it down to probably not being a fluke and something else. Also, is there any setting you changed the previous day that could affect it even though you think it might not?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Honestly I would try a soft reset (restart phone) and try it again the next day and see if it does it again. If it does, then you can narrow it down to probably not being a fluke and something else. Also, is there any setting you changed the previous day that could affect it even though you think it might not?
    No settings changes... Nothing at all. Same daily routine, thats why i find it so weird.

I sincerely hope it's just a fluke. I just now reset the device, and i'm at 45% just a few hours into the day (with airplane mode all day too).

I will write back with some results after i charge tonight and test tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else had this same thing happen. Apparently I'm not the only one... Strange.