Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have all the supplies to install the full body zagg on my Pre. I even ordered the spray bottle seperately since it doesn't come standard anymore. I have watched most of the youtube videos and think I'm ready to give it a try. Any suggestions from actual Pre owners before I start? All suggestions are appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    I have all the supplies to install the full body zagg on my Pre. I even ordered the spray bottle seperately since it doesn't come standard anymore. I have watched most of the youtube videos and think I'm ready to give it a try. Any suggestions from actual Pre owners before I start? All suggestions are appreciated.
    I had a lot of trouble lining up the front (didn't get the back). What finally worked for me was to drench it in spray (the skin, not the Pre), and use the microphone hole, the button hole, and the speaker hole as "mark points", then squeegie out all of the liquid.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ow-thread.html

I have installed about 35 Zagg shields. Follow this and you will do well. If you mess up, though, it is not my fault.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I installed a Phaton Skinz last night and after doing so I just don't understand how people **** it up. I am probably one of the worst people you will find at doing stuff like this. I have no patience and just want to get it over with. All told it took me about 15 minutes and it looks close to perfect. Just use common sense and as much patience as you can muster up and you will be find. And for the record I didn't use a spray bottle either.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Go to Best Buy - For a couple of extra dollars, you can have experts put it on perfectly.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude i had zagg send me a replacement cause my first install was not good. i took it to best buy and the guy couldnt do it that well either. i suggest just a screen skin and not full body.

currently i am just going without a skin. the pre looks better and feels better. thats my .02.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Have someone else do it for you (Zagg approved). The cut sucks,the "wings" are unecessary and at the end of the day, it's adhesive. I had one, installed it about 95% correctly....twice. I told them I wanted a new one and their return policy is so restrictive they assume no more than 10% of people with the problems would jump through those hoops.

I finally ripped it off...chalked it up to "lessons learned" and bought the one from Seidio. It's a lot like the premium ones you could get for Treos. Works great and only covers what it needs to.

BJ
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    What i did with the BodyGuardz that seemed to work better than my first attempt:

1. Spray it
    2. Align it the best you can (don't worry about bubbles yet)
    3. Peel up top half, and squeegee it down to get out the bubbles
    4. Peel up bottom half, and squeegee out those bubbles.
    5. By that point it should be on there aligned with possibly tiny bubbles, but may be blurry which will clear up in 24 hours.

Mine didn't seem to fit perfectly so i actually trimmed off a millimeter around the whole thing so the alignment didn't have to be 100% perfect.
    I'm really starting to hate my Zagg Invis Shield. It's on correctly and there are no bubbles. However ther edgets are really visible, the little tongues or tabs or whatever which wrap around the corners look awful. It's really difficult to wipe clean. All I ever want to do is pull the thing off.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I actually purchased and Zagg IS and then noticed the comments on the Phantom Skinz a day or two later. So I purchased both, but put the Phantom S on. I didn't have any issues at all. The install went pretty easy. I had two bubbles off screen that I missed during the install, but they were gone the next day. I can hardly even tell I have it applied.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I don't let many people hold my phone, but when I do I always tell them I have a clear screen on it_ and they can't even see it,

Phantom skin ftw!
    i went to one of the malls in san jose and theres a small booth that sells invisble shields and puts them on. well i took my pre to the booth and the lady there did an amazing job. cant even tell the invisble shield is even on
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Zagg sucks compared to Bodyguardz. You can't even tell the Bodyguardz skin is on if done properly. Zagg's skin has a weird and very noticeable texture to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Zagg sucks compared to Bodyguardz. You can't even tell the Bodyguardz skin is on if done properly. Zagg's skin has a weird and very noticeable texture to it.
    not really, no
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters here are stock holders or founding members of one company or another. To say that the Zagg shield sucks compared to the Bodyguardz is pure sophestry. Bodyguardz work fine, but to completely make something up about the Invisible Shield is odd to say the least.

Reminds me of an Apple fanboy at work. Will overlook any advance in technology or a quality product just because it does not have an Apple logo on it.

OP - To be sure, you have bought a good product in the Zagg Invisible shield. Don't worry abou that. As for the other products, they are also good. There is very little difference.