Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    hello all

my wife's camera app has stopped working suddenly and without obvious explanation. running the 1.1 update (since the day it was released), everything else seems to be great. her camera worked yesterday morning, but in the evening it would only display the gray background and camera icon when started. several resets have not rectified the issue.

is this something anyone else has seen? there has been no rooting or homebrew activity on her phone. i haven't tried using webOSdoctor yet but that may be my next course of action.... or i may just go to the sprint store and get her pre #3. anyone have any thoughts?
    have you tried resetting the phone?

Turn the phone completely off and remove the battery...then replace and turn back on...
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fourply View Post
    hello all

my wife's camera app has stopped working suddenly and without obvious explanation. running the 1.1 update (since the day it was released), everything else seems to be great. her camera worked yesterday morning, but in the evening it would only display the gray background and camera icon when started. several resets have not rectified the issue.

is this something anyone else has seen? there has been no rooting or homebrew activity on her phone. i haven't tried using webOSdoctor yet but that may be my next course of action.... or i may just go to the sprint store and get her pre #3. anyone have any thoughts?
    Most likely this is NOT firmware related, and is a hardware problem. What you describe is what happened to mine about a month ago (and why I replaced it). The camera (or wiring to the camera) crapped out on it.

edit: Oh, and so you know my camera was working perfectly fine 5 minutes before. as I used it for pictures. I turned it on, screen went crazy for a spilt second and then it was all gray camera app loading screen after that.
    Last edited by Cringer; 07/28/2009 at 09:42 AM.
    This is happening to mine. Something is loose, try opening the camera app with the phone open then snap the case shut. Works for me.
    Please search the threads before posting as this has been discussed before. e.g. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1731997

I had this problem and Sprint and Palm both told me that the only way to fix this was to replace the phone. You may be time to contact sprint and hope for an exchange (especially if you are still within your 30 days)

good luck