View Poll Results: NFL App... Good or bloatware?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great. Totally worth the space on my Pre.

86 74.14%
  • Lame. Why do I have unremoveable bloatware?

16 13.79%
  • meh... don't care.

14 12.07%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is not about the quality of the NFL app, just whether or not you enjoy having the access.

It seems that more than a few are rooting just to remove the app icons for NFL/Nascar. What do you think?
    works well
    a must for a NFL fan
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I love having the NFL app....NASCAR, I couldn't care less about but, it doesn't really bother me having it on the phone. I'm usually pretty anal about that kind of thing but, it's easy to ignore
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I like it. What I really like is the game day audio, and we'll see how well the video highlights work. Wish I could do it over wifi though.
    I'll never understand what the big deal is having those apps sitting there. It's not like we're low on storage for what must be tiny files. And if Sprint can make a few bucks from their relationships with the NFL and NASCAR and thus be a more profitable and viable enterprise (not to mention, afford to lower our costs a bit), then I'm all for it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    My impression was that there are a ton of NFL fan Pre owners. I guess, thus far that is, this poll is turning out the way I thought. Where else can I follow my crappy Niners this year while I am in the crapper?
    Still annoyed that alerts are through text, not through the Pre's notifications, but yeah it's still worth it to me to have it.
    I LOVE the NFL and having the App makes it fun and keeping up with MY Saints & Seahawks is a must ... As far as the Nascar App ... We should have an option to delete it ... It doesnt take up memory but it damn sure does take up space ... With only 3 screens to navigate through it doesnt offer much real estate to hide it on the back 60.
    Eh, its part of the OS itself. Not going to change. Again, these are very expensive sprint deals that they want to be on every phone at the end of the day.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Worth it completely. Last season, my wife always seemed to want to shop on Sudays when the Falcons had 4pm games. But, I had NFL Live on my Instinct, and I could listen to the Falcons broadcasts while aimlessly roaming around whatever store I was dragged into.

One hint from me to you - do not sign up for team news via text messages. I did last year and they came ALL THE TIME. For instance, on gamedays, you get texts letting you know when players are out or questionable.. or if they change status before the game. But - you get a text for EACH player. My phone was ALWAYS buzzing.. one after another. It was horrible. During the week as well. Try it if you'd like - but even hard core fans will get annoyed. Trust me. OH - and I couldn't get them to stop. Had to have CS block all texts from that number to my phone.

Now, besides that - the app is incredible. I am thankful to have it!

kitster
    I'm happy it's available for sports fans, but (like the Nascar app) wish it had been offered as a optional download from the app catalog. Just a waste of limited memory and launcher real estate for me.

Deleting this and Nascar is probably what'll get me to finally work up the nerve to root my Pre.
    In a perfect world it would be an option in the app store but sprint whored themselves out for Nascar and the NFL sponsorship so they want their monies worth. I can understand that. For the 2 mb or so the program takes up throw it on page three and forget about.

There are a ton of legit gripes about the phone the two undeletable apps are prettt low on the hate list IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    In a perfect world it would be an option in the app store but sprint whored themselves out for Nascar and the NFL sponsorship so they want their monies worth. I can understand that. For the 2 mb or so the program takes up throw it on page three and forget about.

There are a ton of legit gripes about the phone the two undeletable apps are prettt low on the hate list IMO.
    Well said.
    Love this app..Im a Bills fan..and every time T.O. sneezes or blinks I get a text updating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Still annoyed that alerts are through text, not through the Pre's notifications, but yeah it's still worth it to me to have it.
    That's how it is on the other Sprint phones that have this app. This way you're not using data which is more battery intensive than receiving sms.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    This is not about the quality of the NFL app, just whether or not you enjoy having the access.

It seems that more than a few are rooting just to remove the app icons for NFL/Nascar. What do you think?

I like the App But I can't stand Bloatware ANd wish I would have the Option to delete it & the Nascar app.

I also would liek to see an NCAA FB App like this one, CU Buffs all the Way
    BTW the NFL and Nascar aren't paying Sprint. Sprint is paying them, and part of them paying to be the official wireless sponsor includes them having exclusive rights to content and programming.

Sprint Nextel goes long with 5-year NFL sponsorship.(News) | RCR Wireless News | Find Articles at BNET

They're just trying to get the most for their money. It's an Icon if I don't want to see it often I throw it onto my third screen with all the settings I don't have to go to that often.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    That's how it is on the other Sprint phones that have this app. This way you're not using data which is more battery intensive than receiving sms.
    Sure, but as I said in my post about it, the Pre has the most advanced notification system of any phone out there.... and we have to get alerts via text for it? It should be using Mojo Messaging to push actual Pre notifications to us, not an SMS that doesn't even link you back to the NFL app, just tells you "go check it out in NFL Mobile Live."
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, i like it alot.

My only issue is the videos will not load on my Pre sometime. Yesterday, didnt load at all. Today, working like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Well, i like it alot.

My only issue is the videos will not load on my Pre sometime. Yesterday, didnt load at all. Today, working like a champ.
    videos wont work with wifi, you need to turn it off and use EVDO if you want to watch the videos.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast