View Poll Results: NFL App... Good or bloatware?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great. Totally worth the space on my Pre.

86 74.14%
  • Lame. Why do I have unremoveable bloatware?

16 13.79%
  • meh... don't care.

14 12.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Well, i like it alot.

My only issue is the videos will not load on my Pre sometime. Yesterday, didnt load at all. Today, working like a champ.
    it was brought to my attention in another thread by leftyman, the only way that I could get the video to work was if I turned wifi off.
    very useful for most. useless for me on the other hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    it was brought to my attention in another thread by leftyman, the only way that I could get the video to work was if I turned wifi off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sure, but as I said in my post about it, the Pre has the most advanced notification system of any phone out there.... and we have to get alerts via text for it? It should be using Mojo Messaging to push actual Pre notifications to us, not an SMS that doesn't even link you back to the NFL app, just tells you "go check it out in NFL Mobile Live."
    That'd be up to Sprint, since it's their app. Also that'd mean that the app would have be running constantly for you to get updates, meaning greater battery drain, and they'd be writing different notifications for different devices. This isn't a Pre only app, it's a Pre version of an app that exists on multiple phones including their dumb phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    That'd be up to Sprint, since it's their app. Also that'd mean that the app would have be running constantly for you to get updates, meaning greater battery drain, and they'd be writing different notifications for different devices. This isn't a Pre only app, it's a Pre version of an app that exists on multiple phones including their dumb phones.
    Actually, it IS a Pre only app. This version was written specifically for the Pre, using Pre widgets and UI features, but they only seem to have gone halfway.

Regardless, the Pre is their flagship phone, and the program should take advantage of all features on their flagship phone.

And no, the app would not have to be running constantly to get updates, and no that doesn't mean greater battery drain even if it was. The Pre's processor is locked at 500mHz stock. No matter what you're doing, it's going to run at 500mHz, so having more cards open doesn't really affect things all that much. And as I mentioned before, Palm has its "Mojo Messaging Service" which is perfect for pushing updates to the phone like that. Or there's apps that can be running in the background, even without a card open, like Twee, Tweed, Spaz, FriendsFlow, etc.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/01/2009 at 05:34 PM.
    Does anyone know how to stop the text alerts its getting really annoying.
    Football is a way of life in Steeler Nation. Football on my phone? Priceless.
    Love the app. Go Bolts!
    It was horrible week 1 and 2 and better week 3, I'm liking it, but I still hate that notifications and alerts are done via text message.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Love the app. Go Bolts!
    Lol @ Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Lol @ Cal
    STAY ON TOPIC!! I don't want to discuss it.

Cal will come back and beat my other alma mater (law school) on Saturday. GO BEARS!!!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I think it is a cool app, especially if you are a football fan. There are some things missing I would like to see though. Maybe division standings for one. I am a football fan. ( I like the Lions though... Been a rough few years). I would not delete the app!!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    All the gripes about the alerts and they don't even work for me. Mostly a disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by lpapesh01 View Post
    I like the Lions though... Been a rough few years
    At least you've gotten a head coach that'll put things on the right track.

Now, if only we had an MLB app for the post season...and what the heck, an NHL app too!! You know, now that I think it over, I'd trade NASCAR for NHL straight up!
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    would really love this app to work but it's a fail so far. I try listening in on different games and all I hear is broken words from the broadcasters. The video streaming is a joke. Useless on Sundays because so many people trying to use it, it's laggy and slow. I do wish this app would work but so far it doesn't.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    STAY ON TOPIC!! I don't want to discuss it.

Cal will come back and beat my other alma mater (law school) on Saturday. GO BEARS!!!
    Last one, and I am done....

As a dead give away.. Just look at my avatar. Very good app for NFL fans. I have posted about the quality of the app on other posts as suggested. NFL app is definitely worth the price of admission!

And yes I know we are 0-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    As a dead give away.. Just look at my avatar. Very good app for NFL fans. I have posted about the quality of the app on other posts as suggested. NFL app is definitely worth the price of admission!

And yes I know we are 0-3.
    Hang in there, Henne is the future and the future is now.
    I hate losing to the Bills.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    videos wont work with wifi, you need to turn it off and use EVDO if you want to watch the videos.
    I tried using it for the first time earlier today (before I saw this posting). I could get the videos to play...now I know why...THanks!
    That shouldn't be the case though. I've had videos work via Wifi many times.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast