Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Thank you Palm. I was using the pre brew console to install applications on my Pre with VISTA Premuim 64bit and all worked fine. Since the Pre software update the other day the computer no longer sees the novacom drivers for the Pre. I wounder if this has to do with the USB from the phone being told by the Pre to the computer that it is not a Pre being hooked up but an Apple so that the iTunes will work. I for one know that I would rather have music on my phone that I could have converted anyways instead of using a other programs that Palm has 1000's of in their app catalog for free that replace the ones that made my life more productive on my past Palm phones. After all I do not need the ability to install any older applications I own from my past Palms or homebrew since Palm has given us such a wonderful, full feature, user freindly interface with a PC or Mac. I am PO'ed I mean really. Palm give me a "*&%$" break. This update has made many lives worse. I am sure I will work around the issue today but leave us alone and only give us updates that allow us to move ahead not backward or sideways. In fact why not just give us a real PC/Mac interface instead of allowing me, from the goodness of your company to backup my Pre with all my private data, that I know I just love to share with you on your server in some place on this globe that I know will be safe from anyone else on the net.
  2. #2  
    mine is just fine
    i am using xp tho
    maybe its a problem with vista
    good luck
  3.    #3  
    yes I understand that XP is fine. It comes into play with anyone using 64bit. To bad that 64 bit came out yesterday...lol
  4. Phenom's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #4  
    Vista blows
  5. #5  
    Mine is working just fine and I'm using Vista
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    Vista blows
    Constructive.


    The Pre only tells the computer its an iPod in Media Mode, so that isn't your issue. My Vista x64 install still picks up everything it should when I plug in the Pre. Try removing all drivers associated with the Pre, and checking the box to actually uninstall the drivers, then reinstall them.
  7. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Thank you Palm. I was using the pre brew console to install applications on my Pre with VISTA Premuim 64bit and all worked fine. Since the Pre software update the other day the computer no longer sees the novacom drivers for the Pre. I wounder if this has to do with the USB from the phone being told by the Pre to the computer that it is not a Pre being hooked up but an Apple so that the iTunes will work. I for one know that I would rather have music on my phone that I could have converted anyways instead of using a other programs that Palm has 1000's of in their app catalog for free that replace the ones that made my life more productive on my past Palm phones. After all I do not need the ability to install any older applications I own from my past Palms or homebrew since Palm has given us such a wonderful, full feature, user freindly interface with a PC or Mac. I am PO'ed I mean really. Palm give me a "*&%$" break. This update has made many lives worse. I am sure I will work around the issue today but leave us alone and only give us updates that allow us to move ahead not backward or sideways. In fact why not just give us a real PC/Mac interface instead of allowing me, from the goodness of your company to backup my Pre with all my private data, that I know I just love to share with you on your server in some place on this globe that I know will be safe from anyone else on the net.
    Wall of text. I unfocused my eyes and saw a 3d picture.
  8. Spyral's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Wall of text. I unfocused my eyes and saw a 3d picture.
    *giggle*
  9. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #9  
    64 bit here.....not a problem.
  10. #10  
    "From all of us"? Seriously??
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Thank you Palm. I was using the pre brew console to install applications on my Pre with VISTA Premuim 64bit and all worked fine. Since the Pre software update the other day the computer no longer sees the novacom drivers for the Pre. I wounder if this has to do with the USB from the phone being told by the Pre to the computer that it is not a Pre being hooked up but an Apple so that the iTunes will work. I for one know that I would rather have music on my phone that I could have converted anyways instead of using a other programs that Palm has 1000's of in their app catalog for free that replace the ones that made my life more productive on my past Palm phones. After all I do not need the ability to install any older applications I own from my past Palms or homebrew since Palm has given us such a wonderful, full feature, user freindly interface with a PC or Mac. I am PO'ed I mean really. Palm give me a "*&%$" break. This update has made many lives worse. I am sure I will work around the issue today but leave us alone and only give us updates that allow us to move ahead not backward or sideways. In fact why not just give us a real PC/Mac interface instead of allowing me, from the goodness of your company to backup my Pre with all my private data, that I know I just love to share with you on your server in some place on this globe that I know will be safe from anyone else on the net.
    Just because you cannot figure out what the problem is, doesn't make Palm stupid.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "From all of us"? Seriously??
    You mean you didn't sign the thank you card he passed around?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Wall of text. I unfocused my eyes and saw a 3d picture.
    Wall of text crits YOU for 125,358 points of damage!

    haha

    Sorry you're having problems, but that's no excuse to not format your arguement/explanation
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You mean you didn't sign the thank you card he passed around?
    It hasn't gotten around to me yet, but when it does, I'm going to ask about my @#$%^&*^% alien technology!!!

    Oh yeah, and I wanted Angelina Jolie to deliver mine.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You mean you didn't sign the thank you card he passed around?
    I don't care who you are....THATS FUNNY!
  16. #16  
    Another uninformed/confused customer lashing out at Palm again for no reason? Mine works fine as well, although I'd prefer to use the on-device installer anyways, so I don't have be anywhere near my PC... win/win situation. If you can't get it to work, why bother, just use coaster.
    no 'Thanks'
  17. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #17  
    Working here on xp 32 and vista 32/64... sorry for your trouble but none of our pc's where effected by webos1.1 they all work as if nothing has changed.

    Kinda funny your blame PALM for breaking HOMEBREW applications hehehe

    This is what your sound like..

    MOM!!! The electric company just installed underground wiring so the the power won't get knocked out during a storm(awesome)... Next morning - Wait a minute OMFG they killed the grass in the back yard from all that digging.. GD MFers I hate the electric company thanks your fing morons for killing my herb garden.... (Mother) Son calm down the grass and garden will grow back.

    So palms put out an update to improve it device... it temporarily broke your home brew.. So you B**** at them amazing!!!

    Sounds like a ID10T Error to me
  18. #18  
    Been running on Vista 32, no problems.

    BTW. I hate the title of this thread. It does NOT represent me yet claims to.
    Last edited by ronlongo; 07/28/2009 at 10:26 AM.
  19. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #19  
    Geez, will school start back up already and give some of you something to do other than start goofy threads.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Geez, will school start back up already and give some of you something to do other than start goofy threads.
    When does middle school start up again?
    no 'Thanks'
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions