1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had this problem? When I am either making or recieving a call I have no sound on the built in phone speaker. I have to either use speaker phone or a bluetooth headset to hear any of my calls. I went to a repair center and they said the pre is on back order and it could be awhile before I get a replacement.

Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks!
    Have you got Bluetooth "On" with a headset near by? Try turning Bluetooth "off".
    Have you used your earphone jack recently? My microphone sensor was a little flaky and it exhibited that behavior. Just plug in and unplug a few times and the problem solved (helps to be on a call to see if it registered).
  4.    #4  
    Thanks aristarchus! This fixed it!
    Happened to me also when listening to Pandora. I had to plug and unplug in the jack a couple of times. I also believe that doing this may work.
    Go to Device info,More Info,Preferences,Interactive test, Audio
    Last edited by floridadomer; 07/28/2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Thanks for the info, the plug/unplug worked for me. Must have happened when listening to the music app and received a phone call. Looks like a bug.
    ok guys. this info got me started...but neither the audio tests nor the plugging/unplugging worked for me.

same situation here. I was listening to music player today and when I unplugged it; I haven't been able to hear anything on my earphone when I make a call. also, system sounds like the "whoosh" when you flick something offscreen I can't hear either.

help
    Use a small qtip with a tiny bit of alcohol on the tip and place it inside the headphone jack. This is only a work-around though as it is a hw issue. It will continue to return. You need to return your Pre to Sprint for another one.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Use a small qtip with a tiny bit of alcohol on the tip and place it inside the headphone jack. This is only a work-around though as it is a hw issue. It will continue to return. You need to return your Pre to Sprint for another one.
    never returned again for me. I didnt even use a qtip just pluged it in and unpluged while on a call.